use ipad for second/extended display

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions use ipad for second/extended display

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 10 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

Use of an ipad to run as a full second screen displaying more info than can be seen on the nice but small display. Would be helpful…?

Profile photo of samw
    samw
    Participant

If you were using an iPad as a second screen, what would you want to see?

Sam

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

i would like to see the “Meters” on a second screen.. i think the display-delay would be good enough!
    Nice would be as well a big RTA Screen

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I think there’s enough space for an extended display to show:

All input & output meters with gain reduction.
    All fader levels – these do not need to work, just show their current level.
    All the mute buttons – again, these do not need to work, just show their current state).
    RTA
    The main parameters of at least the first two effects.
    The status of any USB playback / recording.
    The time

It would be nice to access this screen simply by turning the iPad to portrait orientation so that no extra buttons are required.

I think this would allow me to see all the things I can see when using an analogue desk & outboard rack.

Have I forgotten anything?

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Some really good ideas for how to make use of the extra real estate the iPad has! All of them seem valid, but probably to varying degrees for different people and use cases.

One of the nice things about the iPad motif is that an app could be made user customizable: drag and drop widgets into the view, resize as desired.

Very good idea, too, to have basically two different sets of tools available according to the orientation of the iPad!

MarkPAman
    Participant

Well, it seems to not have made the “Headlines”, but much of what I asked for now seems to be there in a new screen in V1.31.

Thanks A&H.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Everything that i suggested is now integrated! ;D Looks like that i have more influence to A&H Developement than you MarkPAman! ;D Just kidding! Great to see these improvements! Go on A&H!

MarkPAman
    Participant

I’m just more demanding I guess! Still, I’ve no complaints – at least not until I’ve used it a few times 😉

Now, where do I get the money to buy a Qu-24…….

Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

Def like to see meters for I/O and effects settings.
    Will update to vs1.3 and see what fun and new things can be found.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

to have the iPad mirror the small touch screen would be absolutely incredible….!!!!!!
    WOW!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.