USB Playback question

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions USB Playback question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lishinsky Lishinsky 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

From the dLive Support pages on the A&H website I find this instruction concerning .wav files:

“Note – .wav files imported to the USB drive for Stereo playback via dLive must be INTERLEAVED stereo tracks, and placed into the AHDLIVE/USBPLAY folder.”

My question comes from a house of worship setting in which we are trying eliminate the “burning” of a CD (or being handed an iPhone) every time a playback track is required.

If I purchase a USB stick that will format correctly and has a sufficient transfer rate, and ensure the file to be played back is of acceptable bit depth and sampling freq.,

should a .wav file simply transferred onto the USB stick be expected to play back properly? I am concerned with the requirement for INTERLEAVED stereo tracks. If anyone

can explain or shed light, I would be greatly appreciative.

Profile photo of Lishinsky
    Lishinsky
    Participant

INTERLEAVED means both channels ( the left and the right ) are on that same file and not on 2 separate files as in split mono.
    any single stereo file is interleaved by nature so you don’t need to worry about that, yet the files must be at 96k and its unlikely that you will get them in that format, so you will have to convert before putting on USB stick.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

INTERLEAVED means both channels ( the left and the right ) are on that same file and not on 2 separate files as in split mono.
    any single stereo file is interleaved by nature so you don’t need to worry about that, yet the files must be at 96k and its unlikely that you will get them in that format, so you will have to convert before putting on USB stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The Firmware Reference states that dLive can play 16 or 24 bit .wav files at sample rates of 44.1, 48, or 96k. Is there a misprint in the Reference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Lishinsky
    Lishinsky
    Participant

its probably true, i didn’t know that it now accepts those formats, last time i played something from the usb stick was on v1.3 .
    Sorry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.