USB-B Streaming for Facebook Live via iMac

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB-B Streaming for Facebook Live via iMac

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of African Sunset
    African Sunset
    Participant

Hello.

Drummer here with a QU-SB which is far cleverer than me and does all I need, very well.

Like most of you, streaming has reared its head and I want to use the desk as an Audio Interface to improve the sound of my performances (guitar & vocals). I just can’t get my head around patching the sound via the USB-B route. I normally don’t use any of this and it’s frustrating the hell out of me. I can throw a mix at the iMac via an Akai AI, but that’s another link in the chain. HELP?

I can’t seem to get my head around the IOPatch in the QU-Pad about where channels 1 & 2 need to be. It’s like the most frustrating version of Battleships I’ve ever played. Do I patch the 2 required channels (1&2) to the L+R so I get both as a stereo out or do I need to set to LR L and LR R and decide where they need to be in the stereo image? OR send to Mix#?

I just don’t get it! (should I just box it up and send it back) :'(

I’m not very technical, so be gentle with me.

TIA

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

what are you talking about?
    patching where?
    USB?
    what is your goal? streaming the main out? or send only the first two channels to the iMac and why?

did you read the manual? or tried to watch a video about this or even tried to search a topic from the last week?
    we covered all the aspects about streaming in the last two weeks many times with links to youtube and the documentation

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of African Sunset
    African Sunset
    Participant

Thank you for replying.

I can’t get my head around routing the sound (from channel 1 & 2) out via the USB-B.

Do I need to set something in the IOPatch option on the QU-Pad app. I’m on 1.93 and I appear to have a matrix to decide where the Channels are pointing. Yes, I looked at the youtube videos, but I’m still struggling?

I’m trying to stream channels 1 & 2 (post treated sound) out to my iMac via the USB-B route. I just cannot seem to get the sound into my iMac.

Yes that help?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

They are tracks as in multitrack recording, you need to go the IO set up menu and assign the audio source you want in to tracks 1 & 2 or what ever tracks your software is going to pull the audio feed from.

The default setting is the tracks are assigned to the direct channel outputs with exception of 17 & 18 those are assigned to L R.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.