USB B Audio Playback hangs after seeral minutes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting USB B Audio Playback hangs after seeral minutes

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Insektizide Insektizide 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I got my SQ6 last weekend and I started to explore de Console by using some live recordings I made the last several concerts. All recordings were made with 48 kHz Wave Files and I use Reaper V5.62 under Windows 10 (32 Bit Version of Reaper).
    The Computer is equipped with an older AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7 with 3.7 GHz and 8 GByte of RAM. This setup works fine with all my Mixing desks, among other a GLD80 with Dante Card, regardless how many tracks/channels I use in the projects.
    After I git the SQ6 I downloaded the ASIO Driver from the A&H Website using the Link https://www.allen-heath.com/key-series/sq/sq-software/?download=59400 (V4.3.5.0).
    The SQ was immediately recognized and the ASIO Buffer Size is set to 1024 Samples and the checkbox ‘safe Mode’ is checked. The sampling rate is set to 96 kHz which is not changeable by the user. Even using ‘request sample rate’ of the Reaper’s audio device settings dialog brings no changes. I think this has to do something with the used Sampling Rate of the SQ6.

As far as I understand Reaper is now using SRC to convert the audio streams of all tracks form the origin 48kHz to the requested 96kHz. This works fine with my environment as long as I only playback a little amount of tracks (approx. 10). But if I increase the number of tracks, let’s say up to 20-24 tracks the playback starts to run but after a few minutes Reaper hangs and in the SQ USB Control Panel at tab Buffer settings the last line of ASIO Status (normally ‘ASIO active (PCM Mode)’ starts to flicker. The Console reproduce a weird noise until I power cycle the console.
    I also tried to switch to SQ Drive at the routing page but when it hangs the switch button shows only ‘in use’.

So the USB recording and playback is not usable at the moment for me. What can I do to solve that problem?

The usual actions like changing the cable and increase the buffer size to 4096 samples were done and did not changed the situation. in the next days I will try also my standard live recording laptops (Lenovo and Macbook) to see whether it is related to my computer or not. any advice can be helpful;-)

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mfk0815,

Just wondering what you’ve got set up here.

Do you have DAW Control installed? Any MIDI enabled on either the desk or the PC?

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for your replay. No, I just use Reaper as a virtual tape machine, no MIDI ist used on Reaper. And the console is on factory default settings related to MIDI so far.

HTH
    Klaus

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Klaus,

Would you be able to email a computer report to support@allen-heath.com please?

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

sure, do you mean the export of the msinfo32 application?

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Klaus,

Yes please that would be great.

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Here is the output of the msinfo32.exe. I hope it works for you because my windows is set to german and so also the data in that file is in german.

Thank you very much for your support.

Kind Regards
    Klaus

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Same problem! is there any solutions for this?
    I use cubase on my laptop

Profile photo of MikeF
    MikeF
    Participant

I have a similar problem – New SQ6, wanting to be able to do Virtual Soundchecks. I have a copy of Studio One Artist installed along with the ASIO driver. I set it up to record 32 tracks during a practice and after a period of time, it shut down Studio One with errors. Unfortunately someone else closed the program and said there was some kind of error about Computer not keeping up.

All that said – I’m interested in this subject trying to determine if it may be my computer.

Also, I may attempt to download Reaper and give that a try.

I hope they didn’t resolve this offline and not post the results here on the forum.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I am using Reaper and, as you can see from the start posting, I have the same problems. In the meantime the problem is less dramatic. I most of the time use not all 32 channels available in reaper. I reduce the amount of input and output channels to the really used count of required streams. And I use higher latency settings. And in the meantime the computer also “finds” the SQ6 in the most cases.
    What else is changed since then? The SQ6 now works with firmware 1.2, some Windows 10 Updates as well as some Reaper updates. Maybe it is the sum of that changes, maybe the system has settled in the meantime.

Profile photo of Insektizide
    Insektizide
    Participant

SQ6

Toshiba Tecra

Habe auch das Problem Audio Device unterbricht ständig, benutze aber ne Akai MPC X Software SV 2.2.1
    Gibt es ne Lösung für das Problem?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

SinceI upgraded the firmware to V1.2 I have no problems with that anymore.

Insektizide
    Participant

Hi Mfk0815

Ich hab auch die V1.2 und die Probleme sind immer noch da.. Hab mal gleichzeitig Akai geschrieben ob die mehr dazu wissen..
    dazu stürzt mein Laptop öfters ab..

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Insektizide,

Please forward any details in a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and I will look into this further for you.

Thanks!

Alex

Insektizide
    Participant

Hi Alex

Thanks for the quick answer, I’ve submitted …

Best regards
    Sascha

Hi Alex

Vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort, hab ich eingereicht…

Beste Grüsse
    Sascha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.