"Tunneling" Data

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting "Tunneling" Data

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Oakley Mark Oakley 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

I’m having a problem “tunneling” data through my iLive system.

I recently bought a pair of Powersoft M50Q DSP+Eth amps to use on monitors. I’d like to control them in real time using the Armonia software running on my laptop at FOH. The IP addresses are:

iDR-48: 192.168.1.1
    Powersoft #1: 192.168.1.10
    Powersoft #2: 192.168.1.11
    Laptop: 192.168.1.33

In the Powersoft amp rack, I’ve installed an Ethernet switch and an Ethercon connector on the back panel. When I plug my computer’s network port directly into the amp rack’s Ethercon connector, everything works perfectly: Armonia can “see” both amps.

Next, I tried connecting through the iDR-48 by connecting a Cat5 cable from my laptop to one of the iDR-48s Network ports, and another Cat5 from the iDR-48 to the Powersoft racks Ethercon. Although all the Network lights flash, the Armonia software cannot make connection through the iDR-48. I also have an iDR 16 and 32, so I’ll try the same procedure with them, and also through my T-80 and 112. Shouldn’t this work?

-thanks, Mark

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

as far as I know this should work

did similiar things with other hardware many times…

remote control of Meyer Sound Galileo, d&b amps, wireless systems from Shure, Sennheiser, AKG

my most challenging task was
    R-72 on FOH, iDR-16 at broadcasters place (90m cable) and the xDR-16 at the PA place (70m cable)
    and it worked well with the d&b D-80 amps at the PA place and a Sennheiser wireless Rack at broadcasters place
    everything in one network…

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, I can confirm- works with anything I’ve tested including Armonia (not sure about UDP though). But regardless of addresses you use, the tunnel passes everything. If you wan to control your HW AND iLive, then they have to be in the same subnet obviously.

ddff

Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi Guys:

Thanks for the replies. Cool application, Steffen. I’ll try it out with my iDR-32 and report back. The iDR-16 is in the shop: noisy output getting fixed (a recent ebay purchase).

-Mark

Mark Oakley
    Participant

So I tried the same Network path at home (laptop>iDR48>Powersoft Rack) and the iDR passes Ethernet no problem. Hmmm… I’ll try it on the gigs this weekend and report back.

-Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.