Transferring scenes from QU-16 to QU-PAC

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Transferring scenes from QU-16 to QU-PAC

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scarecrow Scarecrow 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

I thought I had read that you could transfer scenes between different QU mixers and that they’d ignore the features that didn’t apply. I have a QU-16 and just got a QU-PAC and wanted to transfer a couple of scenes from the 16 to the PAC. I copied the scenes to a thumb drive which was easy and eventually figured out how to load them onto QU-PAC. Both mixers are running the latest firmware. When I recalled a scene on the QU-PAC everything looked good but I couldn’t select channels with buttons on bottom. So if I want to EQ an input, I’d have to select for example channel 5 with the touch screen on the channel screen and then click processing button and make changes. If I then want to adjust EQ on channel 6, I could just hit the channel 6 button on bottom. I’d have to hit the channel screen button, click on channel six on touch screen, and then click on processing screen to get back to EQ. On scenes created on the QU-PAC, things work as expected.

This isn’t a deal breaker for me but kind of sucks. I hope I am doing something wrong and just was wondering if anyone else had run into this.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

The Select keys on Qu-Pac are customizable. They follow the Custom Layer assignments. Because Custom Layer settings are stored in Scenes, any Scene you had stored in your Qu-16 would recall those settings when loaded on Qu-Pac. To avoid the Custom Layer from being overwritten when recalling these Scenes, you can ‘safe’ it in the Global Safes screen.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

Thanks. That makes sense. Or I could just rest the custom layer and be all good. Too bad I manually copied all the settings. At least I won’t have to do that again.

Profile photo of Scarecrow
    Scarecrow
    Participant

Sorry should have explained better.
    I put my stick with saved scenes on it from the qu16 into the qu24, they come up on the screen but when I press the arrow to copy to the desk nothing happens. The arrow stays grey.
    Any suggestions?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.