Track count

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Track count

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Has anyone done say a 40+ track count from a GLD80 w Dante card into a MacBook Pro running Pro Tools native? Any gotchas? Recording on an external drive. I have never done more than 24 on a QU32. I have a live TV concert show shoot in Sept with a major country star. I’m doing the TV mix but wanted to multitrack it to post mix if I’m not happy with the live mix. Problem is they use a bunch of mics and pre recorded tracks. I wanted to keep it lower on a QU32 but doubt I can. I have a GLD80 with stage boxes to do 44 or more if needed with submixer. I want to keep it around 40. I have done this show every year for 42yrs. It’s always been live. Telethon. This year is first to pre record the star part.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Hi,

Last year I had a few shows in a theatre where the channelcount was 43 (AR2412 + 2x AR0804 + 3x local input). Recorded it all using a Windows Laptop running Cubase through Dante.

In the beginning I had some clocking issues, so forced dante to use the GLD clock.

Managing the GLD80 layout is more interesting… To keep my workflow clean I had to make several scenes with only channelstrips changing. 4 layers is not enough to mix 40+ channels.

So you should be fine 🙂

regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Only problem I had was before I fixed the clock issue there was a clicking on many tracks.
    Been fine since.
    Some computers don’t handle screen going to sleep very well so I disable all sleep functions when recording.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.