The Best DAW + Qu-16 Control Surface Integration

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration The Best DAW + Qu-16 Control Surface Integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ryan Ryan 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Carlos Soto
    Carlos Soto
    Participant

Hi, people. I’ve just signed up, although I’ve owned a Qu-16 for over a year now. Initially, I bought it to control Avid Pro Tools to get a tactile extension to my Avid DAW. However, the implementation is just a lot less than ideal. I’m not here to whine about it. It’s a fact and gotta take it as is. However, I wonder which other DAW has a full integration with Qu-16, with all channel strip functions available, like panning, and plug-in parameter control.

I anticipatedly thank your replies.

Peace.

Profile photo of Shoroc
    Shoroc
    Participant

Hi Carlos,
    I am in a similar place with Cubase Pro 8.5 & Qu-16 DAW Control. Although DAW Cotrol 1.30 give me control over 16 motorized faders on Qu-16. I can’t for the sake of simplicity get the Master fader to map, I even tried TCP MIDI driver. As you already pointed out No pan, No Mute. Only volume.

A&H Qu-16 is such a Powerful future thinking Digital Mixer with so much positive useful features it’s difficult to thumbs down DAW Control but with a current-day workflow it will be for me and the likes a 100% welcomed feature update.

Thank you.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

As far as I’m aware the master fader is not adjustable via midi [from PC or Mac] and yet on saying that the QuPad app controls its movement and I think that is midi based?

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

The QuPad app seems to use a different (custom?) protocol.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.