Temporarily unmute channel when mute group is active

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Temporarily unmute channel when mute group is active

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hooksound
    Hooksound
    Participant

Hello.

During intermissions, I’m using a mute group, which mutes everything except ST3 and LR.

Suddenly someone wants to address the crowd and goes on stage to talk in a random mic. Is there a way to temporarily unmute a mic while it is muted by a mute group?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I don’t think so.
    I tend to have an “Everything except ST3 and L+R and vocals”, group, and a separate vocals group, mainly for this reason.
    Though I prefer to have a dedicated compare’s mic set up somewhere “safe” if possible to avoid the altering of mic stand, and standing on guitar pedals that so often goes with speeches, auctions, raffles etc.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Nope, which does irritate me at times – mute groups also lose the ‘previous state’ of each channel mute IIRC

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Last time I used a Qu-16, the channel mute and mute group states were independent (1.9 firmware). The closest way to unmute just one channel would be turning on the mute group, then turning on the regular mute for each of those channels; turn off the mute group again and any channels you didn’t also mute independently will be unmuted. Bit of a hassle though.

I think when I was looking at the manual a few days ago I saw a line that mentioned short/long blinks of the mute button indicating if it was just muted from the mute group, or also muted independently.

Edit: On page 44 of the manual it says “A short flash shows it is muted by the group only. A long flash shows it is muted by its Mute key and a Mute or DCA group.”

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Then I am wrong – need to go and play again…

Is my brain on old firmware, or am I on the wrong desk?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Wire me $ 350,- and I will unlock your system 🙂

Giga

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.