tap tempo

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting tap tempo

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of krazykev
    krazykev
    Participant

is there any way to change the ratio of the tap tempo, to say 1/4 note or 1/3 its way to hard to tap 75ms delay 🙂

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You can use the encoder knob to dial the exact delay you desire within the tap tempo FX screen itself.

krazykev
    Participant

yes understand this but would like to be able to tap in time,
    75ms was just example

Dick Rees
    Participant

Exactly what delay period is too short for you to tap? I have not found I need anything shorter than I can tap.

krazykev
    Participant

I like to run some delays on 1/2 beat or 1/4 rather than on the beat – used to using Yamaha fx and desks so just trying to duplicate on A&H

Dick Rees
    Participant

Use two hands and do the tap with the upbeat hand?

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

I like to run some delays on 1/2 beat or 1/4 rather than on the beat

The board and/or you would need to know the BPM to work with the concept of ratio (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc). So take out your calculator app and do some simple math

60 000ms / BPM = 1/4 notes in ms so for example your song is 90 bpm : 60 000 / 90 = 667 ms for a 1/4 note delay

That also means that, when you tap to the beat, you already have your 1/4 note delay so you probably mean something faster like 1/8 or 1/16 note so just divide the given time on the tap delay screen by 2, 4 or 8 for 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32.

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Just to be sure you get it because I noticed you mentioned ratios for beats and notes; 1 beat = 1/4 note so 1/2 beat is a 1/8 note and 1/4 beat is a 1/16 note.

krazykev
    Participant

thanks, I do understand, sorry just mixed my terminology, unfortunately I’m using this desk live so a calculator would not be useful, as stated before its possible to change note value on a Yamaha and I was just trying to find out if this was possible on an A&H

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

simple, tap the delay time you want that would equal double… then dial in half that amount
    sinple…

Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

I know exactly what you’re saying. There is no way to tap in a 16 note delay much over 100 bpm. A tap multiplier would be a great addition.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

This is something I requested some time ago. The ability to quickly and accurately double or half (and possibly use thirds as well) delay times would be really useful I think. It was certainly a feature I looked for when choosing outboard delay units when the desks were all analogue. Also showing BPM as well as times would be useful.

Also, there is no way to dial (it would be a slider I guess) or type in a delay time on an iPad – tap is all you get.

I was given a set list with BPM on it, before a gig recently. The only way I could preset some delays to save in my library was to use a metronome on my phone – it ought to be easier than that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.