sztereo mix follow master L-R pan

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions sztereo mix follow master L-R pan

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PFL PFL 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

Can a stereo mix (Aux or Grp) be made to follow the Master Pan ? more precisely, an input’s pan is the same in both the zMaster mix and the selected Aux mix.

Ray

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

if you send the channel to a stereo-group, the pan is also taken over.
    if you send the channel into an stereo-aux, it’s not.
    that’s the same with other consoles.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

k thx

Ray

@ Wolfgang – not necessarily true. Venue has the ability to globally link main pain per buss. IE, in addition to the group function, which means your volume is also dependent upon base-layer fader movements, you can have sub-mixes whose pans follow main, but whose relative amplitude levels are independent of the main mix.

It would actually be fantastic to have that capability on dLive as well. Otherwise you have to also add pan automation to sub-mixes/peripheral space mixes, which is kind of a pain.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Okay, I don’t know all the consoles. there are, of course, differences.
    you would probably only need one manufacturer if all consoles were the same. 😉
    but most of the consoles are the same as I used to write.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

to clarify something on here…
    for monitors(IEM) this would be a PITA

for the moment I think it is ok like it is

if we “really” want this feature we need it switchable and have to discuss the implementation…

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

DiGiCo SD does it. ‘follow Master L-R pan’ as well as ‘L-R invert’ for all Stereo auxes and groups. Should be added to further dLive firmware updates.

@ Steffen R, I agree completely. You would absolutely *not* want this for monitors, but it does make mixing peripherals, cohesively, a LOT easier. …and for that reason, you would definitely, definitely, want to be able to toggle this on a per-buss basis!

Profile photo of PFL
    PFL
    Participant

Guma: You can invert L-R on a stereo channel on dLive. “Under Preamp” and “Stereo Image” there is several options such as R-L, Mono, L-L or R-R etc. Also the possibility to change the width. But the width is only global. (not per aux/mix based)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.