System frozen again

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting System frozen again

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of casigoreng
    casigoreng
    Participant

Hei,

yesterday my GLD-112 freezed again. No USB-Key inserted. Switched between the screens and suddenly the screen did not response anymore. I inserted an USB-Key and than the whole system crashes. The X-11 screen shows a stupid image and than the system starts again.

Sound keeps running, until the reboot starts.

This is my fourth crash! In about 20 Hours running! Not good.

Profile photo of Arto
    Arto
    Participant

Hey,

same problem here, happened on both GLD 80’s that we have here.

Tomi

Profile photo of djmanco
    djmanco
    Participant

Wow. It happened 3 times on my GLD. Posted a ticket, but no answer/solution from GLD technicians. The second time it recovered itself, but the others, had to force shutdown. Nice mixer, but not reliable. At least not for big shows.

Argentina

GLD80 + AR2412 + AR84 + AR84 + Dante

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

I have also had 2 crashes on 1.3. One was during changing pages of the buttons to the right of the screen, the other was when changing monitor layers. Need to get these fixed!

casigoreng
    Participant

Hallo? Any A&H out there? I NEED A FIX!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

@casigoreng
    This is just a forum, best way to get the fastest support is by submitting a support ticket!

Support-Ticket-Link

casigoreng
    Participant

@eotsskleet
    You are right. I submitted a support ticket several weeks ago. But until now, i got no answer.

In my first job i’m a software developer, and i know how hard this problems can be. And i don’t want to blame A&H. But a statement about the development state could be useful.

@All
    In the logs, there is an entry saying, that the system is waiting for USB-Key. Maybe the system does not crash if a USB-Key is inserted. That could be a work around. I think i did not have a crash, if a USB-Key is injected, but not shure. Can anyone confirm this?

Profile photo of djmanco
    djmanco
    Participant

No, Casigoreng. In 2 of the 3 crashes I had a USB stick. The second and third, I was recording to USB. The second, the GLD recovered alone and keep working without any problem. The third, I had to force the turn off. The recording during the second freeze was perfect. At the end, in the third freeze, it’s a mess.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I crashed it for the first time last week. I was adjusting the compressor on a stereo vocal subgroup and the console just stopped responding, but did pass audio as normal. Switching it off and on again fixed it, and it came back up within a minute to the way it was before the freeze.

I’d normally have a flash drive in, but didn’t this time.

Chris

Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

An A&H tech told me that is a good practice when re-configure the mixer setup (number of Aux, MTX, etc) made a reboot of the system (simply turn off and then turn on), to avoid problem.
    Also i know that on other English consoles is a good practice too to clean the logs to “clean” the CPU memory.
    There was some issues with USB in the previous firmware release, as i know.
    bye.
    Luca

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Yeah, same for me.. after the problems in the earlier firmware with the “inserts” i reconfigured my “standard” showfile! After this i’ve never experienced any further problems!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.