Synth-keyborads connection using unbalanced jack to balanced xlr of SQ-6

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Synth-keyborads connection using unbalanced jack to balanced xlr of SQ-6

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidResearch DavidResearch 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DavidResearch
    DavidResearch
    Participant

I currently have a QU16. The keyboards synthesizer are connected to the mixer by unbalanced jack. I’d like the new SQ-6 but there is not unbalanced jack input. How can I connect the Synth-keyborads with unbalanced jack to the mixer ?

Profile photo of TonmeisterDaniel
    TonmeisterDaniel
    Participant

Use a DI Box in between the keyboard and the mixer. From the DI Box you have a balanced signal to the desk.

Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

If you use an unbalanced jack cable (or two) to connect your keyboard, and you are near the mixer, you can just plugin to the jack inputs on the back of the SQ-6.
    I own a SQ-5 and it has 2 stereo (or 4 mono) jack inputs on the back of the mixer.

Otherwise, just use a DI-box. RadialEngineering is my favourite (not a shareholder 🙂 )

Profile photo of Troubleshooter
    Troubleshooter
    Participant

I may strecthing a bit here but isn’t the jack (TRS) on the QU balanced even if they are
    not XLR, so using unbalanced jack-XLR cable would be the same as you are doing on QU now
    or have I missunderstood something. Or do you use the ST1 and ST2 for your synths?

Profile photo of DavidResearch
    DavidResearch
    Participant

Thankyou very much for the support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.