Switch on installed system

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Switch on installed system

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of caseymglass caseymglass 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bvde
    bvde
    Participant

Our GLD80 is fixed installed. There is one switch that starts the amplifiers and the snake. When doing this, a loud *plop* is heard, due switching the phantompower. Please switch on start-up the relays to the outputs 5 seconds after the setup is loaded and the phantompower is switched on.

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Might want to check the archives on this topic, I think there was a pretty good thread.

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

Power sequencer. Only safe way for ALL (not just the mixer) components to startup and shutdown the system.

Profile photo of caseymglass
    caseymglass
    Participant

As an example of why not To do this, this change would mean that there would be an extra delay before the board was passing audio if it ever went down during a gig and had to be reset. A&H Please do not do this.

Profile photo of DJ
    DJ
    Participant

yes I’m with Bob. Always go with a power sequencer. Eliminates almost all problems with start up popping if sequenced right.I have the same setup one key starts my whole system (board included).Granted you have to save every time you make changes to your scenes before shutdown ,it’s still a good way to go.

Profile photo of bvde
    bvde
    Participant

@caseymglass; The suggested delay on reset doesn’t effect the startup time. Right, maybe 1 second. I think that it is more interesting that you can reset without shutdown the amps.

Profile photo of caseymglass
    caseymglass
    Participant

@bvde The delay certainly does affect startup time, and no – you would not want to restart the system with the amps on, but if the board went down during a show you might just have to do that. To state my point differently, this “feature request” actually hamstrings the board in some ways to fix a problem that does not exist if you follow live sound best practices.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.