SQ5 Midi Protocol

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ5 Midi Protocol

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zero Zero 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

Is there a detailed MIDI protocol available for the SQ-5? The manual links to the Allen & Heath website, but I can’t find it there.

Kind regards,

Johan Velthuis

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Johan,

DAW Control and MIDI control are not yet available for SQ, DAW control is being worked on currently.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of DSchanck
    DSchanck
    Participant

What is the timeframe you are estimated for the release of DAW Control and MIDI Control?

Profile photo of Jorn Kortooms
    Jorn Kortooms
    Participant

I am also waiting to see this implemented. I would love to start using it, but when?

Profile photo of Maxdrums
    Maxdrums
    Participant

I have downloaded the control driver application and configured Logic Pro X with SQ 5 as cotrol surface and Just works

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi All,

The work has been done for DAW Control in the next firmware release, however we will still need to update the DAW Control Driver so support will come when that’s done.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks Alex!
    Any update on timeframe for MIDI?

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jakethepeg,

No update at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks!

Alex

jakethepeg
    Participant

Hello @alexs,

Are you able to give any update on MIDI for SQ? I’m looking at getting an SQ5 but would need midi control before mid-May for a series of key events – do you think that is a possibility?

Thanks, Jake

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jake,

Unfortunately it is unlikely to be implemented by that time, DAW control is aimed to be officially supported as soon as the driver is done, but MIDI is separate to this and is not yet confirmed for a firmware implementation.

As soon as I know more I will let you know!

Thanks!

Alex

jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks for the detailed reply Alex – keen for more information once you have it. KR, Jake.

Profile photo of Amneely7
    Amneely7
    Participant

Any Midi implementation news? Also just curious how the onboard FX would receive bpm / tempo info without ports? Hoping to automate certain onboard FX parameters.

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Out of curiosity along the same lines, is DAW control going to support channel names on the scribble strips? I realise that this requires a control surface protocol other than MIDI (like MackieControl, HUI protocol, etc), but especially with the SQ series, this would be awesome!

Profile photo of Jiminthebox
    Jiminthebox
    Participant

I am also wondering the same thing as Zero was asking about getting scribble strips to populate with the midi implementation on SQ. I think this might be the only surface I’ve seen that has the option to use it as a midi surface, has scribble strips, but won’t populate them. This takes a potentially very useful feature that SQ offers and cripples it to being nearly useless. Are there any updates in the works that would address this?

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Zero and Jiminthebox,

This has been brought up previously so it is on the feature request list and may be considered for a future firmware.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.