SQ to DLive

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ to DLive

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 32 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Patch window stops at 32.

Had the same problem. If you press at SLink several times the patch window will step through the four pages for 1-32, 33-64, 65-96 and 97-128.
    For the IO Card it will be the same.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

This is something that has to be written in red across the console. I prefer endless scroll instead.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Sometimes in very rare situations is reading the manual a proper way to increase the knowledge about the product. This is one of those situations. 😉

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, I judge the product by ability to find basic things on your own in reasonable time- imagine you’re in festival where local crew is no help. The icon displaying pages should be more clear, or maybe a brief dialog “Displaying page N of M”

ddff

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

@ddff
    this is a clear desire for improvement to the development engineers! 🙂

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

ddff – the SQ will connect to the DX32, but its not stable at the moment. I have tested it over many days and eventually it will disconnect.

I believe firmware 1.2 will fix this issue … hopefully soon.

Peter

Profile photo of jlsll
    jlsll
    Participant

Can I connect a MIX-RACK CDM in the giga-ace port (surface link), to an SQ Mixer in the S-Link port, without any GIGA-ACE OPTION card?

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

No. It needs a separate card (been there, tried that).

Profile photo of Jesus
    Jesus
    Participant

Ok so I have a setup with a CDM32 MixRack and a custom touchscreen surface using Director. Our monitor engineer wants to buy an SQ5. I have a Dante card fitted into my rack so I have no option to fit a GigaAce card. Is there really no option to use any of the ports in the CDM to have a digital split with easy one Cat5 cable setup – GigaAce, DX or even ME?? This would be so convenient. Is A&H somehow blocking this? The Slink port works with any DX or ME so it should work with the ports in the dLive rack

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Jesus ,

The DX ports on the CDM are for connecting expanders, they send/receive control messages for preamps and units are discovered and updated with firmware to work with the connected console.
    The built-in GigaACE port in the CDM is for a dLive surface connection and sends/receives a lot of control messages.
    The ME port is output only and designed to be used for personal monitoring.

So we’re not blocking things – the reason you cannot connect an SQ directly to GigaACE/DX is because they carry more than just audio, and problems arise when mixing messages from different systems (i.e. dLive and SQ).
    Using a GigaACE card means just the audio is being sent/received.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Keith,

Would it be possible through a software (firmware) update on dLive to configure a built-in GigaACE port for SQLink functionality (audio only)?

I know that might be down the road a bit, but it might help others.

Nathan

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Nathan,

I don’t think this is possible, but will pass it on as a feature request just in case 🙂
    (although they use the same protocol, the built-in GigaACE ports and the ports on a GigaACE card have some big differences)

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Jesus
    Jesus
    Participant

Keith thanks for your input! Would it be possible to use the DX ports as a split for the future?

I managed to find a workaround for my setup – have a look at the photo.
    I have the network port connected to the control network port in the Dante card – than I plug my Director “console” to the primary port and I can plug the SQ to the secondary port (of course the dante card is in switched mode).
    Than using IP Direct Outs or Tie Lines patched to the Dante Card I can get 64 signals at FOH for recording and for the SQ as a monitor desk!
    And the best part is that Director works simultaneously with Dante on one Cat5e cable 😉
    I’m loving it! I hope this will help somebody else!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Alfred Wrigfors
    Alfred Wrigfors
    Participant

Are there any updates on this topic? Could you use an SQ-surface as a secund surface in a dLive environment?

Regards,
    Alfred

Profile photo of Alfred Wrigfors
    Alfred Wrigfors
    Participant

I’m so sorry, new to this plattform and did not se that there was more than one page…

@jesus
    So you are able to get audio from the DANTE-card to the SQ’s Slink?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.