SQ is here!

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ is here!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lbertinelli lbertinelli 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Welcome to SQ, our new awesome series of 48 channel, 96kHz digital mixers:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/key-series/sq/

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Hello… to SQ

looks good

Profile photo of lbertinelli
    lbertinelli
    Participant

Hello all,

What are the main differences between GLD and SQ?

Thank you

LB

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

processing engine….
    now it’s based on XCVI Core
    24bit 96kHz, 0.7ms latency

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Also:
    – GLD has a larger touchscreen and more encoders, including fader strip encoders.
    – GLD comes in different sizes (GLD-80 with 20 faders, GLD-112 with 28 faders) and a more flexible fader layout (multiple banks, horizontal Mix button).
    – GLD has more audio networking options, at least at present, including MADI and EtherSound.
    – At present, GLD offers more processing in terms of compressor / GEQ models, AMM, and FX.
    – At present, GLD offers more software and app options.
    – GLD has a configurable bus architecture with 30 busses and 20 mono processing mix channels. SQ’s architecture is more fixed with LR, 12 mono/stereo mixes (group/aux), 4 FX sends, 3 stereo matrix. So GLD is more flexible if you need multiple matrix outputs or unusual bus configurations, but SQ offers more stereo mixes for IEM applications.

lbertinelli
    Participant

Why on the website there is written 8FX engines and you say only 4?

I can have 12 stereo mixes or 24 mono mixes right?

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

8x FX engines, 4x of them with their own dedicated send buses, the remaining 4x FX engines would need to be used as inserts or channel>returns, or you’d need to sacrifice the other stereo buses to feed them ala Qu16.

Given that there are only 12x physical buttons on the console surface that provide access to the mixes, I have a feeling it’ll be fixed as 12x stereo mixes (unless you can do it with the softkeys, but there are only 8x of those on an SQ5, so not enough to access 24x mono mixes, or if there was a “shift+mix” button to press to access the odd\even side.)

Hoping some manuals are available soon.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

There are 12 mix buttons. The 12 mixes can be aux ore bus. Mono ore stereo but not more than 12. It is fixed as the qu, you only can select mono ore stereo.

The fx engines is correct, 4xdedicated send/return. The other also like the qu.

The pricing is also closer to the qu as to the gld, you can’t expect to buy a mixing console with the price of the 1 and a half qu and get a gld.

lbertinelli
    Participant

I don’t want the old for the price of the sq. It wasn’t clear for me how the mix work. I am happy with 12 mixes, they are a lot for my use. I really like the sq

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.