Speaking of racks and cases

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Speaking of racks and cases

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of StrangeAlien StrangeAlien 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Here are a couple pictures of the custom rack I built for my Qu-Pac. In the space under it is a low speed fan blowing into the vents on the bottom, there is a filter on the fan.
    The holes in each end serve as handles and cross flow cooling vents. Mounted above is a AT3000 series wireless receiver that I will use with a body pac headset mic for stage talk back when needed, sometimes I’ll use the wireless as a program audio source if I only need a single wireless.

The small gray trunk style case setting behind is what the rack is transported in, it is foam padded on the inside.
    At the moment my AR2412 is in a shallow Odyssey rack bag, that works good and offers a little padded protection but I will be doing a custom rack and case for that as well.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Nice!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That’s not a rack, it’s a piece of furniture!

Looks nice 🙂

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thanks, I don’t know if it’s a furniture grade finish though.
    I went with the light wood stain finish to maybe help keep the rack cooler
    on those all day summer outdoor festivals….like I’m actually doing this weekend!

Profile photo of StrangeAlien
    StrangeAlien
    Participant

Hi – new user here, in the UK, with a QU-SB.

I’m looking to take it places occasionally and have been hunting for a rugged, padded bag that fits it as I don’t really want to keep it racked when it’s in my music room. I keep seeing adverts for just the right kind of bag for an x air at Gear4Music, but obviously I want a bag for better class of mixer…

Has anyone found something that fits well? Thanks!!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of StrangeAlien
    StrangeAlien
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this SteffenR – I had looked at it, but it’s not a great fit for the QU-SB and doesn’t have space for cables, hard drive etc.

If you search for “Padded Mixer Bag for Behringer X AIR by Gear4music” you’ll see it’s 1/3rd of the price and purpose designed. Bit disappointed I can’t find anything with the right dimensions for the Qu-SB – but loving the sound I get!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.