Something takes remote control of the board

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Something takes remote control of the board

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of HDV HDV 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

We have experienced this problem several times now. During a performance, something (not sure if external or internal) takes over control of one or more channel faders and moves them without operator intervention. During a performance today, one vocal channel fader went from mid range, on its own, to the upper rail, and another vocal channel, both on the same layer, went to zero. They were literally yanked out of the operator’s hands by the board. The operator returned both channel level faders back to where they were and everything returned to normal.

We do have the remote control app on an iPad that we use from time-to-time for set-up but it was not on during this problem. Our GLD80 is connected to our “secure” net and requires password to access the Admin control. There is no one else at our location that has any form of access to this board via our net.

Is there a reported but or quseptablity the GLD80 has to outside interference that causes faders to move on their own with out operator contact?

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

It could be any of the following: The Ghost of Christmas Past, the Ghost of Christmas Present or the Ghost of Christmas Future.

I’ve even seen that before if there was moisture on or dirt in the fader.

art

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Do you have any MIDI devices connected?

Chris

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

We do not have any MIDI devices connected. Our FOH GLD80 is on the same LAN as our Production/Record GLD80. We are using Dante to pass audio feeds from other production devices such as video PC sources and our Production GLD80, to the FOH GLD80 that’s experiencing this runaway issue. The Production GLD80 back in our production room has never experienced this problem and both boards have the same version of firmware.

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

Is anyone using GLD remote instead of OneMix?

Profile photo of HDV
    HDV
    Participant

Hi all,

There are few months now that I’m experiencing very unpleasants issues too with the GLD80 editor v1.61.

Actually something is taking over control of the board without any operator intervention on inputs which are always link with groups.
    Most of time the routing of channels in the group are reactivated in the main output LR, instead of keeping only the mix, and cause obviously intense feedbacks during performance.

Another issue of the same type causes a mute or fader downing at 0 Db…
    Any ideas.

Thanks

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

If you are not using network control, try disconnecting it from the network. The Dante will still function fine since it has it’s own dedicated ports.

Profile photo of HDV
    HDV
    Participant

First of all thanks to your answer.

If I understand correctly what you told me, I must stop using the remote controller?
    My problem is that the GLD is located in an other room next the place to sonorise for several reasons I can’t change.
    That’s why I have to get threw private wifi (dedicated for this purpose) and use Ipad or Laptop controller, the issue appears on both…

Did I misunderstood?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

What I meant in my previous post was trying running the console without the network connected and see if you experience the problem. Use a virtual soundcheck or something or do it during practice when you really don’t need a perfect mix in the room. If it works well without the network connected, then it is likely something with the network.

You also said previously that no one has access, but to fully eliminate this possibility change your WiFi password and SSID, and make the SSID hidden. Also change the GLD user passwords, and see if it still happens after this.

Profile photo of HDV
    HDV
    Participant

Thanks for all your advices I’ll check that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.