some questions about workflow qu 32 to LOGIC X

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions some questions about workflow qu 32 to LOGIC X

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alidav alidav 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alidav
    alidav
    Participant

I found in a studio a qu32 mixer cabled via USBB to logic, this SURPRISED me so much since I thought qu 16-32 had at least a usb3 for audio streaming, anyway, I could not be able to control levels from snake to logic via large faders, there is any internal routing that allow me that? i guess is sending audio via direct out.
    In the old analog mixer, we were used to assign audio to groups and from there gone to the recorder, or with in line mixers we had a tape out tape in on same channels, the level to the recorder was controlled from the large fader, and on the same channel on an another section of the strip we had the return from the recorder.
    Sorry for the question but I’m a bit confused right now.

WHAT IS YOUR workflow?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

USB2 is perfectly adequate for audio streaming.

Various audio and midi configurations discussed on here before. My workflow is arrive, set up, sound check, gig, strike, collapse into bed…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

USB2 is perfectly adequate for audio streaming.

Various audio and midi configurations discussed on here before. My workflow is arrive, set up, sound check, gig, strike, collapse into bed…

Profile photo of alidav
    alidav
    Participant

very useful to know about your workflow, I am using the qu 32 in a studio, is possibile to assign the channels direct outs to usb b? I want to control audio output to logic via large faders.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

See the latest manual for 1.8

Set USB B source as “Direct Outs” – page 75
    Set the Direct Outs to an option with “Follow Fader-On” – page 38 – This appears to be the default anyway.

My workflow is similar to Bob’s, but often involves eating junk food on the way home, because the promoter didn’t plan any break time for me between soundcheck and first band, and I’m starving.

Profile photo of alidav
    alidav
    Participant

sorry I am really new at this, what do you mean for page 75, I have opened a new session of protools right now, and want to set a recording driving signal on it via direct out and large faders.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Open or download the QU MIXER REFERENCE GUIDE V1.8 from here and look at page 75, then page 38.

Then all the other pages!

Profile photo of alidav
    alidav
    Participant

thanks, i found just the user guide printed that came out with the mixer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.