Softkey muting a send

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Softkey muting a send

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Len Len 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

Hi
    Does anyone have a solution to using a softkey to unmute then mute a send from a channel. Ive looked but cant figure out a way to do it I need to quickly turn on a aux send from a vocal channel then mute it. Using the routing screen and selecting channel is not quick enough for what I need to do as I have to be on FX screen at the same time anyone know a way round it.

Dave

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

If there’s no direct way of doing that (don’t have console around now) you can Y-split the vocal and mute channel going to Aux by button.

ddff

Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

I only want to mute one aux send from the channel not other aux sends or the whole channel.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Not exactly the solution you were hoping for but if that Mix is active on the Master strip, you can hold down assign and press the Sel key of the channel to toggle on / off on that Mix. No need to access the Routing screen this way.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Dave- you can still have the first of Y channel going to other auxes, just the second channel routed just to THAT aux would be muted.

ddff

Profile photo of Len
    Len
    Participant

Hey Dave
    What I do is assign the aux(s) to a DCA, freeze the DCA fader at unity, assign the DCA to a softkey, then remove the DCA from the surface strip to save real estate.
    Len

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.