Soft key assign to multiple auxs

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Soft key assign to multiple auxs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Imarconi Imarconi 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Imarconi
    Imarconi
    Participant

I would like to have the chance to assign the talkback to different combinations of aux/matrices/etc based on Soft keys.

When working with backline technicians/crew (while doing FOH + Monitors) I would like to be able to do something like:

SoftKey 1: Aux 1 to 5 (Band IEM)
    SoftKey 2: Aux 6 (Tour Manager)
    SoftKey 3: Aux 7 and 8 (Drumtech/guitartech)

=)

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Sounds like you need a comms system.. Try ASL or Tecpro

Imarconi
    Participant

No, I need to talk to the stage crew that at the same time are listening to a dedicated IEM mix and walking around the stage.

=)

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

If you still have three free input channels, it is simple:
    Feed the talkback mic (let’s say socket 44) to all three channels (say #42,43,44), send #42 to the IEMs, #43 to the manager and #44 to the techs. You could even eq/comp/level them differently.
    Now you can assign the first three softkeys to mute these three channels separately.
    Without having to watch the inputs themselves, you’ll always have a visual feedback via the softkeys’ LEDs about each talkback’s on/off status.

If you only have two free channels, use the regular feedback function above the softkeys to feed one of the three destinations.

🙂

Imarconi
    Participant

Hello again Pit!

you totally nailed it!

Thats a ver good way IF you have free channels, anyways I would like to have the chance to do it trough softkeys or even having 2 talkback assignments, lets say, pressing once the TALK button and then the talkback is routed to some auxs (and the screen could show TALK 1 or TALK BAND instead of only TALK) and pressing twice you get assigned to the others but not both …(and the screen shows TALK 2 or TALK CREW) then pressing again you switch the talkback off…. something like toggling (no idea if this expression actually exists =P) between different assignments..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.