Shut down process

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Shut down process

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

So….a question. How important is it to properly shut down the qu-16? I have it in a rack with a power conditioner. It sure would be nice to just flip on and off the power conditioner and always use the mixer on. Will that damage the board?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I doubt this could damage the board, unless something produces a large spike on the mains (i.e. conventional transformer from another device).
    Not sure how safe it is to switch off the desk without shutdown, since normally the last state is restored, which obviously needs to be saved before. If the state is saved from time to time and power is lost in exactly that moment, saved data is likely to be incomplete or corrupted. I guess the “shutdown” only prevents the Qu from writing to some memories. But this is just guessing, I have no insight on the internal workings.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Hi guys,

I can confirm what Andreas says. The shutdown process completes a flash write before it informs the user that it is safe to switch off. It also halts comms, disconnects USB B and stops any Qu-Drive activity amongst other things. It’s therefore advisable to follow the procedure.

DC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.