Scene Store Predefined Parameters

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Scene Store Predefined Parameters

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Maurits Thiel Maurits Thiel 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave Perry
    Dave Perry
    Participant

It would be great to be able to setup parameters that could be stored as scene with a ‘Partial store’ button.

I use the scene for theatre cues and recall filter just the input levels and mutes. However I have to set the recall filter for each scene. A work around is to create the first scene with the recall filters I want and then copy and past that scene which can then be overwritten whilst keeping the same recall filters.

Scene safes isn’t a good option because for the odd scene I may want to recall other specific parameters.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yep – I have requested that for the iLive a long time ago …. still waiting in hope! Along with the “Store All” button we just need a couple of “Custom Store” scene buttons that can have predefined parameters to be saved. Have had to do the same workaround for years now on Theatre shows and its a PAIN! Rant over.

Dave Perry
    Participant

Yes “custom store” would be the button of choice. That way most scenes would be stored using the custom parameters and on occasion I could adding in another parameter for the odd cue.

I thought the iLive had a feature like this or is that just similar to recall filters?

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

iLive has scene individual parameter safes (same as GLD recall filters) but that it not the same as pre defining what gets stored/recalled in a scene. You have to do the workaround of editing a scene with store parameters you want, then copy that to other scenes before you start programming so you can use the Scene “Update” to program. and Copying – thats another pain – try copying a scene to say 100 other scene locations .. I have not found a quick and simple way to do that yet.

Better Scene Management in the iLive is still my biggest wish – along with scene fades that you lucky GLD users now have!

Dave Perry
    Participant

I have just come back from a Digico familiarisation day and I was very impressed with the scene management. There was an option to adjust the recall filters of a scene and from that scene onward the software would use the same filters for future scene creations until changed. I also loved the ability to update specific parameters across a group of cue to absolute values or proportionally.

Profile photo of Maurits Thiel
    Maurits Thiel
    Participant

2e that,
    Same as you i use the desk mainly for theatershows, custom store would be a great improvement!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.