Saving Shows/Settings for GLD 80 and 112

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Saving Shows/Settings for GLD 80 and 112

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of canary canary 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of canary
    canary
    Participant

Hello All.I have a GLD 80 and 112 in hire stock. If I set up and save a show on the 80 and USB it never opens up properly on the 112. It’s the same the other way round also. Is there any reason for this and is there any way around it please?

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

First thing I would check is are they both the exact same software revision level? Beyond that I don’t know. Others need to suggest tips.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I also have both an 80 and 112. I have regularly moved show files between them without any problems. Also, both are v1.51 on the firmware.

Profile photo of canary
    canary
    Participant

Thanks Gents for your replies. I can confirm that the software in both desks is current. An example of just one annoying problem encountered is: If I’ve set up input channels 1 – 20 across the 112 on Layer A and save to a memory stick and then attempt to load this into the 80, it will only show inputs 1 – 12. I realise there are physically less faders on the surface of the 80, but I had hoped that the remaining channels 13 – 20 would’ve appeared on Layer B. This does not happen.??

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I think the Shows are compatible – it’s just the strip assignments that are different same as for iLive. Pretty sure all you need to do is reassign your strips and that is quick on GLD with drag and drop strip assignments. Your input and output patching may also need to me modified to suit your connected hardware I/O also.
    If strip assignments are stored in your scenes then you will need to either scene recall safe strip assignments or create a scene/s with just strip assignments that are correct for your mixer surface that can be recalled – then update each of the show scenes if you want to include strips if needed and take the recall safes off again. Note however if you do that then taking that show back to the original mixing surface the strips will recall wrong again.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

IRC The two end banks on the 112 are what are used in the 80? I believe the middle bank gets omitted, but I could be wrong about this.

Profile photo of canary
    canary
    Participant

Thanks Everyone,
    Yes Stix and Scott. Yes I can easily move strips about so it’s no big problem in the great scheme of things. I’d just hoped it would recognise how things should be. Finicky old bu**er

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.