S-Class & C-Class

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions S-Class & C-Class

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tophfro
    tophfro
    Participant

Can anyone share whether the S-Class equipment and C-Class equipment have any issues working together? Can they be mixed and matched? For example a DM0 with a C2500 or a C2500 with a DM64 etc..

Thanks,
    Toph

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

They can absolutely be mixed and matched.

Profile photo of tophfro
    tophfro
    Participant

Thanks. Any feedback on how well the dLive and iLive play together? I.E. S5000/DM64 at FOH and iLive T112/D32 at Monitors.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The question is how you will split the signals…
    Analog split > two seperate systems
    digital split > one makes gain, the other gets the signal via networking card

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

All pretty seamless so far, currently exploring various connection options, Analogue obviously really easy, Ace works just fine. Waiting for the native Dante card for D Live to try that also. MADI will be handy for connecting to Digico, it will be interesting to see how AES 67 is handled. Pretty endless possibilities really, very comprehensive.

Profile photo of tophfro
    tophfro
    Participant

Analog would be easy but I sold off my analog split when i got my first iLive way back when… Can’t really justify spending money on another one at this point so I think digital is my option. Is gigaACE backwards compatible with normal ACE? Can you connect the second gigaACE port on a DM mixrack to the secondary ACE port on a iDR mixrack and have the audio pass or do you have to get the ACE card and add that to the DM? for my purposes I’d probably go the route of Dante if I had to buy a card for it.

I’ve considered the MADI option as I also have an SD8 but its getting used less and less these days. The dLive bug has bit me bad and now i just have to get the boss (aka Wife) to sign off on one. Have either of you used the dLive outdoors in the sun? How does the brightness/visibility hold up? The SD8 is terrible (at least the older gold Rev that I have) in the sun because of the angle and the dimness of it. my iLive T112 is dim too but the angle of the screen helps keep the glare down and so it still usable.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Second GACEPort is for redundancy only… as far as I know
    readability in the Sun is good… better as on the iLive

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

You could pun an Ace card in a DLIVE port B+ Adapter ( M-DL-ADAPT-AX) and use the port B Ace on iLIve for digital link, this card will also take all the option cards used in iLive as I understand it. Currently have a Dante card in the D Live for connection to the Labgruppen PA amps which seems to work fine.
    Certainly had no issues with screen brightness so far, just the usual FAT fingers on a touch screen 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.