RTA on same screen as PEQ per channel REQUEST for QU series

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions RTA on same screen as PEQ per channel REQUEST for QU series

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Hi Guys
    Ive seen this requested for iLive and GLD but haven’t found it on QU forum, so I’d like to see an RTA on same screen as PEQ per channel at some point in the future as an update.
    Ive seen it on the Behringer X32 (etc) and think it would be a great addition to the already awesome bit of kit that that QU series is.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

This feature has been asked for many times over the last couple of years, whether it will ever be added is another question altogether.

🙂

Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Ah cool.
    Now, I’m not sure if I’m making something up here, but the other day I could have sworn I saw someone using a Behringer X32 where it LOOKED like they were overlaying some kind of EQ blocking pattern over the top/upper section of the PEQ screen.
    So it looked like the RTA pattern was completely enclosed in colours, like Ive crudely drawn here.
    Any thoughts what that was?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

You’re correct, the X32 does have an RTA that overlays the EQ section, quite handy really.

Don’t know why the QU cannot have something similar?

Profile photo of mike6
    mike6
    Participant

I really like the QU and the truth! table speed faders super fast. but when I get on a x32 that price range is equal and I have features like Rta in the channel gates more complete more complete compressors. let me think twice if I made the smartest choice.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Thank goodness I learned to play music and MIX music by ear. I’m free of dependence on sheet music and trifles such as RTA…which is basically worthless.

Learn to listen. Visual displays have very little or nothing to do with how the mix sounds.

/rant

Profile photo of Dave75
    Dave75
    Participant

I wish someone at A&H read this post. It would be really be handy to setup a more clear and well balanced output. Also an overlay on both PEQ and GEQ.

Profile photo of Cata
    Cata
    Participant

OK. The source of RTA from Qu-16 is …?
    Can we use a mesurement mic for that ? I try to say we could use our RTA function in order to room eq like X-32 can ? You can see that here :

Huh ….

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

You can use an RTA mic with the QU, but unlike the X32, you won’t get an RTA overlay over the GEQ section.

To be fair I have never used an RTA mic as I find my ears do a good enough job. Also, once a room fills up with people the EQ will change again.

🙂

Profile photo of Cata
    Cata
    Participant

Lee7
    How can I use mesurement mic with my Qu-16 ?
    Thank You !

Profile photo of Wilts
    Wilts
    Participant

You can send the built in pink noise generator to the house mains. Then connect your reference mike (the Behringer ECM8000 is a low cost option) to the desk in the usual fashion with phantom power on and EQ off. Then PAFL the channel and look at it using either the RTA or waterfall screen on the Home button.

Alternatively you can use the desk as a “soundcard” for a pc/mac over USB and use something like Room EQ Wizard to make measurements https://www.roomeqwizard.com/

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

If you really want RTA overlay you can use the 3rd party Mixing Station app.

Profile photo of Cata
    Cata
    Participant

Hello Dan,
    please explain me : what is the 3rd party Mixing Station app ?
    Thank you

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Mixing Station

Versions for both iOS & Android are available.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.