RTA just doesnt work sometimes on QU16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions RTA just doesnt work sometimes on QU16

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Anyone else find that the RTA just doesnt work sometimes on the QU16?
    I have to reboot the desk then it starts to work again OK.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Oes it reboot with a PAFL engaged somewhere ?

Giga

coffee_king
    Participant

It just doesnt work sometimes unless I reboot.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hmm – not seen that, but it does sound like a PAFL routing issue

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Agreed on PAFL. Since there’s no “tell-tale” red light, next time it happens, toggle through the layers to see if there’s a PAFL light somewhere.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

You can see all the PFL/AFL from the meter screen – or at least you can on an iPad – I forget if the desk screen shows this too.

coffee_king
    Participant

I’ll keep my eye on it guys. The weird thing is that without me pressing any buttons it fixes itself after a reboot.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I think you are ignoring the responses. There is a red LED right below the main meters that indicates P or AFL. If that is on, some channel has the PFL or AFL engaged. That is what feeds the RTA. If a silent channel is P/AFL’d there will be no activity on the RTA. Wen you reboot, nothing is P/AFL’d so the RTA shows the main out.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Are you sure a reboot clears PAFL settings?

coffee_king
    Participant

hey all
    I’m not ignoring responses, I’m just not getting my desk out again until Saturday and if/when it happens again I will check it and know how to fix it if the above users are correct. So many thanks everyone for your assistance.

Profile photo of Allan K.
    Allan K.
    Participant

I’ve got a QU32 and it happens to me on occasion as well. I have a soft key set-up to show any PAFL’s and that’s not the problem. It’s a glitch in the start-up procedure. All I have to do is restart the board and problems fixes itself.

coffee_king
    Participant

OK, great stuff.
    So 2 users have noticed this issue, is this enough to get A&H to investigate/fix?

coffee_king
    Participant

Just to advise that this is STILL happening. I had to reboot my QU-16 at my last two shows to get the RTA to work.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@coffee_king

Sorry that you’re having a problem with this. I’m not aware of reports of this other than the two here and it’s a REALLY odd and specific thing to go wrong.
    Please contact us directly using support.allen-heath.com with the following info (which will help in trying to reproduce what you’re seeing):

• What are you routing to the PAFL that you’re not seeing on the RTA? (a channel? the main mix?)
    • Can you see metering on the main meter LEDs and nothing on the RTA?
    • Do you have an iPad hooked up and if so, can you see the RTA on Qu-Pad?
    • When you reboot to get it to work as expected, is it just a case of powering off and straight back on or are you waiting a while?
    • Have you experienced anything else at all that’s not doing what you’d expect?

Thanks,
    Keith.

coffee_king
    Participant

I can’t see where to contact you on there so I’m replying on here.
    On Saturday night it happened again.

What are you routing to the PAFL that you’re not seeing on the RTA? (a channel? the main mix?)
    All microphones channels

Can you see metering on the main meter LEDs and nothing on the RTA?
    Correct (I hadn’t actually noticed the LEDs were lighting up prior mind you)

Do you have an iPad hooked up and if so, can you see the RTA on Qu-Pad?
    Yes and oddly when I played music through the iPad the RTA started to function for the iPad AND the microphone channels

When you reboot to get it to work as expected, is it just a case of powering off and straight back on or are you waiting a while?
    Turn speakers off, power desk off, power desk back on, turn speakers on then its fine again

Have you experienced anything else at all that’s not doing what you’d expect?
    No

I have partial videos of it all too if you want to see?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.