Routing help

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Routing help

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clardy Sound
    Clardy Sound
    Participant

I want the audio from any channel that is muted on the master bus to pass through to my MIX 5-6.

I am trying to send specific channels to MIX 5-6 then on to the input of my MPC for sampling/recording. I don’t want to monitor any channels on the master bus of the QU except for the MPC outputs so I can hear what is being recorded. I want to avoid a feedback loop, and monitoring the same source twice.

The workflow I have decided on, which correct me if there is a better solution, is to use a soft key to assign all channels to a mute group so nothing passes through to my studio monitors on the master bus. Then bring up whatever I want to send to MIX 5-6 with the faders. I can do this without muting channels, but when I mute them no sound passes through to my MIX 5-6.

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

If you’ll check the function diagram, you’ll see that the channel mute comes before any bus or routing option, so engaging that mute will always mute the channel.

I’m a bit confused why you’re having a problem with this. It seems that if you route the channels you want to record to Mix 5/6 and mute all other channels, you’ll hear the same channels in the main outs and in Mix 5/6. Is that not what you want?

If you are doing any processing on Mix 5/6, then you should route that mix to the Main L/R and nothing else. Is that what you want?

There are also matrix options, but I’m not sure you need that.

You could assign all the other channels you want to mute to a mute group, but does that help you?

I’m not at a console, and it’s been a while since I visited all the routing screens, so I hope I’ve not led you astray!

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Forget about the mute buttons, use the assign buttons instead and you’re in business

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of SRD
    SRD
    Participant

The channel Direct outs are the only feeds with the option of bypassing the Mute. Is it possible to route the channels you want to send to your MPC via USB out?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Would muting via a DCA group be an option?

Profile photo of Clardy Sound
    Clardy Sound
    Participant

I think I found a better way to describe what I want to do if anyone knows how I can adapt this workflow to the QU-24.

Remember the older Mackie analog boards? You can hit the mute button on a channel, which will mute the track, and route its audio to another stereo bus called ALT 3-4.

I want to use that same option to select which channel sources to send into my mpc for recording/looping.

Then I can run the output of the mpc back into the QU-24 and monitor the channel inputs of the MPC without creating a feedback loop, because the original track is muted in the monitors.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That sounds like you want the routing pages.

Unassign from the mixes you don’t want to have thenchannel in…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.