Routing Ab168 to channels 17-32 on QuSB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Routing Ab168 to channels 17-32 on QuSB

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

OK, I know there are no stupid questions, but this one has me believing I’m missing something basic.

Last night, I gigged with the AB168 attached to my QU-sb for the first time. I had NO PROBLEM with any channels 1-16 on the QU-sb that were being fed from corresponding channels of the AB168, since I correctly changed the source from LOCAL to DSnake on those channels being fed from the stage box. But I could NOT get, for example, input 15 on the ab168 to feed Channel 17 or any other of the (17-32) channels that are on my Ipad mixer but do not have physical inputs on the QU-sb. Those channels would remain listed as N/C, (Which I took to mean Not Connected). No matter what I did on the input matrix, moving “dots” and pressing apply, channel 17 would remain N/C.

What am I missing?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You can’t reading local inputs, leave those as 1-16, startbthe atage box at 17…

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

This is of interest for me too for possible future reference.

So if I understand it correctly you can

– use the physical inputs 1 – 16 on the Qu and add 17 – 32 via a stagebox ór
    – digitally replace Qu’s physical inputs by the inputs on a stagebox

What about using Qu’s physical inputs as 17 – 32 in the 2nd scenario ?

Giga

Barryjam
    Participant

Thanks for replies. How does one “start the stagebox at channel 17?”

I’m also assuming that some of the channels on the stagebox can feed LOCAL MAIN channels while other stagebox inputs feed channels 17-32. It has to have that flexibility.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

OK, select I/O routing screen (iPad), then the DSnake inputs tab.
    Along the he top, you should see the DSnake inputs you have available. Down the side you see the Qu’s channels.
    So you want the column under the first AB input, to have a blue dot in the Ch 17 row.
    Second AB input in the Ch18 row, etc. Don’t forget to press apply once you’ve done.
    Now, it seems you may have tried this, so are you sure the AB box is properly connected? Do its outputs work?

Barryjam
    Participant

Thanks, Mark.

I’ll power it all up tomorrow and try this again.

Barry

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

What about using Qu’s physical inputs as 17 – 32 in the 2nd scenario ?

Local I/O is not patchable (except Alt-Out and AES)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.