Rookie QU16 Questions – vocal fx routing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Rookie QU16 Questions – vocal fx routing

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JimmyB JimmyB 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Word x 1,000…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

So the sends don’t need to up to hear fx in the mixes. Now I’m totally confused…
    Jim

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Participant

Hi Jim,

Press the Sel key for the mix you want to send FX to, view the top layer and press and hold the assign key on the left side of the desk. This will display what channels are routed to the mix. Make sure the Sel keys for the FX returns are lit. If they aren’t, simply press the Sel keys to route the channel to the mix.

If that doesn’t solve the issue. Navigate to FX > FX1 then press the Front Panel button on the top right of the screen. The left box should read ‘Mix -> Return’ and the middle box should read ‘FX1’. You can do the same for FX2.

I hope this helps solve the issue!

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Jimmy, you’re correct, the effects sends do need to be up.

As shown though, the level from the effects return needs to be up in each mix that you want to hear it in, and that green ON button needs to be on.

Personally, I may choose to run effects to monitors POST fade rather than PRE, so that turning down FX between songs works for both main PA & monitors, but it depends on how you work, and is something you’ll need to try out yourself.

Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

Ok. Pic one is the LR selected
    Pic two is the mix1 selected
    I still have no fx in monitor mix.
    Effects are perfect in LR
    THX, jim

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of TobiVI
    TobiVI
    Participant

Hi. I’m not an A&H paid expert, but I have run effects through the monitors on my QU-16.

The FX mixes (FX1 FX2 buttons) control the amount of each channel heading to the FX busses. To get them to come out, you have to turn them up (RETURN) on the mix you want them on using the second layer button on the left above CH1. In your picture, you have raised them on the LR buss, which is why they hit the FOH fine.

To get effects in the monitors, first select the monitor mix, not the FX mix, on the right hand mix buttons, example Mix1, for the monitors you want effects. Then press the upper LAYER select button, like you did when setting effects on the LR, while still in the monitor mix you want effects applied. After you press the second layer button, check to see the MIX button light is still on for the monitor mix you are looking to add effects to. Raise the FX1 or FX2 RETURN and you should have FX in that monitor mix. You can then stay on the second layer and press the other MIX buttons and set effect levels for each. Don’t forget to move back to the first layer before trying to mix the channel levels for any MIX or LR buss.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

So I got the idea to try mix 2-4. They give me flawless fx. I’ve came to the conclusion mix one has a problem.
    It is used so I guess it needs to go off to the Dr.
    Thanks for all your help!
    There is s ton a great info on this forum.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Participant

Hi Jim,

Press the Sel key on a Mix, switch to the top layer, press and hold the assign key. Do the FX return Sel keys light up? If not, press the Sel keys to route those channels to the Mix.

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

Yes the top layer return lights are lit up on LR as well as mix 1-4

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.