Rename and delete recorded material

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Rename and delete recorded material

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zueri Zueri 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hein
    Hein
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I have been doing a lot of recording with different bands so that i can make a basic scene for every band at my home. I also use the recordings for virtual soundchecking.
    But there are a lot of shot recordings that are useless.It would be nice is you could delete these recordings from the mixer.
    And it’s also hard te remamber what recording is that band. It would be very helpful if you could rename a recording.
    I’m probably not the only one with this problem so please make this possable in Firmware v1.7.1

Thanks Allen & Heath.

Profile photo of gim
    gim
    Participant

Hello,

I already put a same request feature in 9 month ago but nothing happen ?

+1 for this suggestion.

Profile photo of Wil Riker
    Wil Riker
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Not sure if it would be clever to allow deletion of a multitrack record. If the recording media is a HDD (not flashdrive) you will encounter defragmentation afterwards with further recordings, potentially leading to dropouts (no matter if deletion is done on the desk or computer). (…and do not even think about defragmenting a HDD used for multitrack recordings either, tracks may no longer playback well)
    Naming recordings before arming would be welcome, though.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Very welcome. Name, and then the tracks pick up the channel names…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Names, both overall & channel, yes please. Then I don’t suppose we could add track markers?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That would be the easier way to do a seamless split I suppose 😉

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

From a technical view adding Track Markers to a WAV is rather simple. That’s just another data stream which may be added at the end of the WAV (when stopping a session). The Qu simply needs to collect all added track marks while recording and add them when stopping the recording.
    Splitting a recording on the fly is probably not possible due to lack of internal buffers. That would require that currently recording WAVS being closed correctly and a new set of files need to be allocated. We all know how long arming a multitrack recording takes, nothing for realtime…

Profile photo of Zueri
    Zueri
    Participant

+1 for Names, both overall & channel.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.