Recording with QU-Drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recording with QU-Drive

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chino_za
    Chino_za
    Participant

Hi Guys,

So I wonder if there’s something i’m maybe doing wrong but when I record with QU-Drive directly onto USB the playback jumps and skips bits of the track. I suspect that when I select channel processing or any other option that’s what’s causing the jump.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Where do you take of the audio in the path ? I record from directly after the preamp and never had this issue but I can imagine if you take the signal after all the channel processing you might be on to something…

Giga

Chino_za
    Participant

i’m taking post LR

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Chino_za,

I would suspect this is to do with incompatibility rather than channel processing. What drive are you using?

If you have time to test, leave the drive recording some noise for 10 minutes or so without changing anything, if the jumping is still there then it may well be the USB drive.

Thanks!

Alex

Chino_za
    Participant

Hi Alex, I have tried this and the recording doesn’t jump if I don’t touch anything. The drive is a new Samsung 64GB USB Flash Drive

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Chino_za

Do you have another drive you can try to replicate this with? Preferably an SSD if you have one?

Thanks!

Alex

Chino_za
    Participant

I can try a different device. Will try that this evening and feedback tomorrow. thanks

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.