Recording to iPad

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recording to iPad

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 5 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of guitarman
    guitarman
    Participant

Hi
    Does anybody already used the recording function with the ipad (announced here: https://community.allen-heath.com/archives/48208)? What are your experiences? I think this is a great feature to record AND playback simultaniously besides the Streaming with a Mac or PC.
    Greetings,

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks guitarman
    funny how [2015/05/22 in General News] can slip past without seeing.
    I’ll have to check this out

So is this saying instead of plugging a Mac in (USB B port) you can plug in an iPad?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

given the camera adaptor – yes.

Profile photo of wildman
    wildman
    Participant

Thanks for pointing this out. I did not see this when it was originally posted. Looks very interesting.

guitarman
    Participant

Anybody used this new function already? And what Arme your experience with?
    Thanks

guitarman
    Participant

Anybody used this new function already? And what are your experience?
    Thanks

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Purchased the 48-track (playback) version of Auria, connected the iPad to my QU-32 with the Apple Camera Adapter.
    Tracks show audio from the QU, so it looks like it will work.
    Will test at gig on Thursday, but looks like it works. Can only record 24-tracks, but that should be enough for most of my gigs.

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Tried Auria last night with my QU-16 on an iPad 4, using the USB camera adapter.
    Recorded 18 tracks, all seemed to go well until I ran out of storage on my iPad (I have the 16GB WiFi version).
    Was able to move the tracks (.wav files) from the iPad to my iMac via iTunes, and then into Audacity.
    Pretty nice set up, but the memory issue will keep this from being a real tool. I’ll use my MacBook and TracksLive since that has plenty of space.

guitarman
    Participant

Hi Rob
    sounds interesting, thank you for reporting this. Hopefully I shall be more succesfull with this because I have an Ipad Air 2 with 64GB.
    In two weeks I am going to rent a Qu16 for two days for test purposes.
    Greetings

Profile photo of RegalSound
    RegalSound
    Participant

Hi
    I have an ipad air 2 & wish to record 5 tracks from the QU24.

The camera adaptor I have seen on the ‘net just seems to convert to a USB A socket. Another lead presumably is then needed to connect to the QU24 type B socket. As a volunteer I hesitate to spend £29 on a lead that will not do the job. There seems to be a lot of flack about camera leads not working.

Have you any comfort before I spend/waste money?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I got a genuine Apple camera lead. It’s not something I’ve used a lot for this purpose*, but when I have it’s worked as it should with no problems.

* Main use is getting a decent reference mic into my phone via a small sound card.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wow this is an old thread revitalised?
    #RegalSound
    Are you talking about the iPad Camera media adaptor [Lightning plug] USB A shape?
    Although its USB 2 to the USB B plug?
    I purchased the Auria App at about the same time as Rob with the idea to record direct to the iPad Pros’ I bought for the QU App.
    I found Auria a bit of a learning curve and didnt really have the time to get into it.
    However.. I have just used that camera adaptor Apple lightning adaptor to record audio into iPad using the Filmic Pro App.
    I used a 10 metre USB powered lead, Yes 10 metres’.
    Total success! Unfortunately I had to use a small ZED mixer as I only wanted 2 USB channels FOH left/Right from lapels and handheld mics.
    So I now want to go back and revisit recording to iPad.

Hope this helps.
    I have just tried that 10 metre USB powered lead between my QU32 and Imac and it seems to be working.
    Of course it will add latency [having a buffer mid way] but for capturing it seems to be a great addition to the iPad kit!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I should have added.
    The event I recorded was 35 minutes continuous.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.