Recorded/Mixed entirely on a Qu-series?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recorded/Mixed entirely on a Qu-series?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gravyface gravyface 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gravyface
    gravyface
    Participant

Hi all,

So far I’ve only been tracking/live mixing on my Qu-24. Has anyone used their Qu-series to record/mix entirely? Interested in hearing from you if you’ve tracked with it, streamed back to the Qu (from DAW or Qu-Drive), and mixed it with the onboard effects/processing, etc.

Also interested in DAW control scenarios too: what you liked/didn’t like, etc.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Nope, too much hassle, too little features, especially the transport control lacks. I multitrack internally, drop the tracks into my DAW and work indise the box.

Giga

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Same here as Giga. My Qu16 is my recording desk for live events. I then transfer all files into my mixing computer and mix in the box. It’s just easier for me. I find it to be a much smoother work flow.

gravyface
    Participant

Interesting. What exactly was the hassle? Setting up a mixdown scene and loading it, ready to go, seems pretty straightforward to setup.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ahh the ITB verse OTB !?

I did an AB comparison using QU
    I was more than surprised at the quality of mixing back through the desk! Back through the desk… there seemed more definition and natural spacial sound.
    Its not a big hassle to set up.
    Just stay in 48k 24 bit.

gravyface
    Participant

I wonder why that would be. Summing in the digital domain should be the same and I don’t know know if it would ever leave the digital domain on the Qu when streaming back to the board and mixing back down to stereo stems in the DAW.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.