Qu32 – Phantom Power not working thru DSnake?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu32 – Phantom Power not working thru DSnake?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

I have a Qu32 series and I mic’d the drums thru my Dsnake. However, when I hooked up the overhead mic (Oktava MC 012-01 -10db – see photo), turned on the Phantom Power, which is on each channel and got nothing. I did some trouble shooting;

1. when I plugged the mic up directly to the board and turned on the phantom power it worked – on each channel.

I also have an analogue 16 channel snake connected 17 – 32 channels and when I plugged up the mic thru that (analogue) snake and turned the phantom power on – only some of the channels would work. I have the latest firmware installed and everything else on the board is working correctly. I also had both mics tested and they work as well. Does anyone have this issue and a fix for it? thanks….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Which model AR stage box are you using?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Have you selected the DSnake box as the input before you turn on the phantom? Phantom from the local preamps is not automatically copied to the remote ones – it needs switching separately.

I’d get a cable tester on that analogue multi – sounds like you have some faulty channels.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Did you try another mic on those remote channels?
    If they work I’d suspect the Octavas may pull more current from Phantom than the dSnake is willing to to deliver.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

When you plugged the mic directly in to the board did you use the same cable you were using to plug in to the stage box?

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

It’s the A & H AB-168 w/ a Beringer 50M cat5 e

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

I went in manually and selected all 16 channels to the D snake…

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

Unfortunately. I don’t have another mic that needs phantom power…that might be the case. I wonder will connecting it to our thru a direct box help?

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

Absolutely…

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

DI’s do not pass phantom power…

Simple fix is to use one of the “good” channels for the OH mic and patch as needed. Or just use a dynamic mic for an OH. It doesn’t have to be a condenser.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You need to select dSnake, and *then* enable phantom power.

If the channel is otherwise good then you need another phantom powered device to test.

The cat5 doesn’t pass power, it just passes data. The stagebox directly provides the power.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Does the phantom LED for that channel light up on the AB168?

Profile photo of Fats
    Fats
    Participant

Hi guys I’m new to this lol but I’m having the same problem cant get my condencenser mics working through dsnake but when I plug str8t to desk it works fine

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Hi guys I’m new to this lol but I’m having the same problem cant get my condencenser mics working through dsnake but when I plug str8t to desk it works fine

What stage box do you have?
    Is the preamp properly assigned to the input on the stage box?
    Is the phantom power turned on the correct input preamp?
    (remember stage box inputs can be patched to any channel)
    Does a dynamic mic (no phantom power mic) work in the input on the stage box?
    Did you use the same mic and cable that worked when connected directly to the
    mixer?

Profile photo of Fats
    Fats
    Participant

I did try the same cable when going str8t to desk. I currently have the AR24/12 box it worked fine when using analogue snake, but since upgrading i cant get my drum o/h working, I also tried dynamic mic through same input and it works fine It could be a setting on the desk not sure. is there anything esle i can try or I maybe doing wrong appreciate the help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.