QU24 v1.7 Firmware Problem?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU24 v1.7 Firmware Problem?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GaryB GaryB 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Spyra
    Spyra
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I have a QU24 mixer which has not liked the Firmware 1.7 update when used with v1.6 show files..

The firmware went in fine, and I updated my iPad to the new App to.
    All worked fine.

Then I loaded a show file in which was from v1.6.
    Playing back from the QU drive some audio channels disappeared.

On further investigation, Ch’s 1, 3 7 and 8 just had no audio.
    Switching over to the local input with a microphone, they had no audio either….

I did a hard reset and the channels worked directly and also from the Qu drive.
    Again i loaded in a v1.6 show file, a different one this time and the channels stopped working again.

Another hard reset, save a v1.7 show file and reloaded, worked fine.
    reloaded a v1.6 show file and ch’s stopped working.

Tried reloading the good v1.7 show file but the channels still did not work. adding to the fact ch 9 now stopped.

I reloaded the v1.6 firmware back into the QU24 and all channels worked even after loading the v1.6 show file that killed the channels in v1.7.

It would seem there is a problem of compatibility between v1.6 and v1.7 show files…

As I have upgraded the iPad to the new app, I imagine its hard to revert to the previous one.
    As the new app isn’t compatible with v1.6 firmware….

I can no longer use the iPad with the desk.

My only choice it seems is to reload v1.7 and make new show files from scratch….
    Not the best way as there are a lot of things set for the band I work with.

Anyone else tried, tested the above? I am just hoping it’s not just my desk….

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Not helpful, but I think this is a case for A&H releasing each app as a firmware specific release, as well as an ‘updating’ “current” one…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

would you upload your showfiles please?
    Maybe we can easier help then or Nicola can watch them in house…

Profile photo of mlsoundhire
    mlsoundhire
    Participant

I have experienced the same issue, updated to V1.7, play back a recording from my hard drive and some channels do not work, they do not show any audio playing or work locally when you connect a mic.

I revert back to V1.6 and all is well.

I have since found a temporary solution when using V1.7.

Whichever channels are not working, switch the phantom power on/off and my channels then work, however, when i reboot the desk i have to repeat the phantom power switch on/off to get the channels working again.

Hope this helps until A&H fix it permanently.

Profile photo of Spyra
    Spyra
    Participant

I have since heard from AT Service that Allen & Heath have received a few other reports of the same thing. They are working on a fix for it asap. It appears to be connected with the new Patching facility. At least it is not a problem with my individual desk.

The fix above from mlsoundhire is useful in the meantime, at least I can use the iPad app with it now.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Does that imply that it’s related to dsnake inputs only?

Profile photo of mlsoundhire
    mlsoundhire
    Participant

I have just tried with my desk connected to the AR2412 and it all works as it should, tried it with different scenes and it still works.

When i try it with the AR2412 disconnected, some of my channels do not work locally with a mic, each time i reboot my desk different channels work/do not work.

I have since found another quick fix.

With the AR2412 disconnected, If i press the setup button then select I/O Patch, then select dSNAKE In, all channels show N/C (which they should as no dSNAKE is connected), if input 3 is not working, i then change the input to a channel number that works(input 4), click apply, then input 3 starts working as it should and input 4 still works as it should.

It would seem that it is a patching issue as sudgested by Spyra.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Hi guys,

Just thought I’d keep you all up to date on this issue. In short, the automatic phantom power muting is getting stuck on channels assigned to dSNAKE sockets marked ‘N/C’. mlsoundhire’s first solution of resetting the phantom power muting by changing the LOCAL phantom power state does indeed address the symptom, and I support this as the workaround to use for now. Blocking preamp data in the global filter would be another workaround. A maintenance fix that properly addresses the problem is in progress.

DC

Profile photo of james
    james
    Participant

I have the same issue as what started this
    Thread. I have no dsnake or any other fancy stuff. Just the board itself. Hard reset…all works fine. When reloading my show from 1.6 I loose 6 channels. Yes ..the phantom power on/off cycle is a work around for now but its a pain to do. I can just manually redo my show and routing but would take days as it did before when I bought it new. I hope A&H are working on a fix for this because I need it badly. It is good to know that its not my board…I was a little concerned. Let’s keep working together and fix these issues. You guys are all awesome! Thx!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Once you’ve done the phantom on/off thing can you save the scene again, and does it now work? I’m going to be using some old saved scenes tomorrow so just trying to work out what to expect & check for. Thanks.

Profile photo of james
    james
    Participant

It would not save….I had to cycle thru the phantom power thing again…its a work around the problem but not a fix.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

As I understand it, it happens when the dsnake phantom power state changes. Be that from booting the desk with dsnake phantom power left on from last time, recalling a scene with dsnake phantom power changes, changing dsnake phantom power yourself, or recalling a channel library with preamp included. Therefore if you ensure that both your desk state and all scenes have all their dsnake phantom power switches off, then you should be able to sidestep the problem indefinitely.

Profile photo of james
    james
    Participant

Its possible that I’m not understanding you correctly but I have no dsnake. I have not figured a way around yet with cycling thru the phantom power thing on the channels that are lost. When I save the scene with the channels now working, and turn off/on the mixer…they are lost again. When recalling the saved scene…still lost

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

You have dsnake, since you have a Qu. This problem only happens when the sockets are marked ‘n/c’, ie not connected. Read this. You want to be resetting the dsnake phantom power state to ensure it doesn’t happen again. You cycle the local phantom power state to alleviate the symptom.

Profile photo of james
    james
    Participant

Ok…I guess I’ll just say it…I’m an idiot. Lol…can you give me step by step direction on what to do then? I dont have the dsnake stuff but yes because I have a Qu, the function is there. I have no clue on the functionality of the dsnake stuff. So a brief step by step would be very helpful. I know everyone who is dealing with this issue would appreciate it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.