Qu24 Question on Stereo Mixes

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu24 Question on Stereo Mixes

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteveO SteveO 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

Hi all, so I have been using my QU16 with our band for live venues for a couple of years now. I am looking at now getting another QU but a QU24 this time. One of the features I am interested is the ability to have 5 Stereo mixes (for personal in ear mixes). The question I have is that the desk only shows 4 mono and 3 stereo mix buttons to quickly flick between the mixes and adjust. Where are the other 2 stereo mix controls? can I still get the same control over these other 2 mixes and how do you set them up / configure them?

Thanks all in advanced. Just thought I would ask before I buy.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

On the 24 the groups can be either a group or an additional mix. There is an on screen button to select which. Then that group becomes another stereo mix. Good luck.

Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

Thanks GCumbee, can I assume that if I assign the two groups to be two additional mixes then I will have full control on those mixes the same as I will have on the stereo mixes? and will I be able to use the Qu-You app on these two new mixes?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

They’ll work exactly the same on the desk, but unfortunately, are not (at the moment) available in the Qu-You app.

Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

Cheers Mark, I appreciate the heads up, I don’t think it will be a show stopper as I will still be able to manage on the desk. I am looking to use the desk in a studio set up and not for our live gigs. Any opinions on what Allen and Heath desks may be better / worse for a studio set up?

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

My groups are set for Mix mode and show up on the Qu-You app. I’m 99% sure and I can confirm. I ‘need’ a Qu24 for home 😁

Qu24 and AB168

MarkPAman
    Participant

“My groups are set for Mix mode and show up on the Qu-You app. I’m 99% sure and I can confirm.”

In that case, many apologies for miss-information, maybe there’s been an update since I tried it, or maybe my memory is just faulty.

I don’t do many gigs with Qu-You being used, so I’ll try and remember to take a look next time I’ve got the desk set up.

MarkPAman
    Participant

This was a feature request back last May:

Qu-You update

Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

Interesting…..well to be honest it isn’t a deal breaker to be honest so if it does work its a bonus. Thanks for your info and help guys.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

We use QU-You for grp mixes all the time.

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

Here is a snap shot of Qu-You.
    . Peter…
    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180202/da2614f3493b503571ffb1a7866df74e.jpg[/IMG]

Qu24 and AB168

Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

Awesome thanks PEJ

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.