Qu16 Latency?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu16 Latency?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Victor Kennedy Victor Kennedy 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Victor Kennedy
    Victor Kennedy
    Participant

Hello,

I’m about to buy a new Qu16 and would like to know other users experience with Latency when recording.

My main concern is to be able to play soft synths, e-drums etc with the absolute minimum latency. I’ve been using a Behringer XENYX UFX1604 as my A/D interface/mixer for several years. In general it’s been ok, although I am getting more and more random issues with latency for mid/usb controllers etc when tracking. This, along with the many other benefits, is why I’m moving up a notch to the Qu16.

So, can anyone tell me their experience using this unit with soft synths etc and what if any major latency issues you’ve had.

Thanks in advance…

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I’m a logic user, as long as i’m using low latency mode in logic. i never have an issue.

Profile photo of Victor Kennedy
    Victor Kennedy
    Participant

Thanks Dave. I haven’t hooked up the Qu16 yet, but will report back when I have it all set up.

Currently I’m converting my sessions in PT from 44.1k to 48k, as Qu16 only runs in 48k, which may be beneficial for overall sound quality.

I think I did see a post in which someone said that using Qu16 with PT has some issue with the choices of latency available for the playback engine. Not sure about this yet…when using PT in the past with Behringer Xenyx I have had the choice of many different latency levels, from 32 up to way way bigger. I think someone said that with Qu16 and PT you only get a choice of something like ‘Low’ ‘Mid’ or High’ latency settings. I do hope there are more options available, but I won’t know until i set it all up.

Seems that a unit like this should have just as wide a range of playback latency as an old Behringer…time will tell.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.