QU-SB users?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-SB users?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeteN
    PeteN
    Participant

Hi

Are there any users of the QU-SB mixer out there. I appreciate that this is a fairly new product but I’m interested to hear anyone’s comments from using this in a live performance situation.

I have experienced using a QU-24 at our local rehearsal studio, which was great.

I’m currently looking for a mixer to mainly set up as a silent rehearsal studio with everyone on IEM mixes. Possibly then also using it as our live mixer for small venues where we either don’t have the luxury of a FOH engineer, or where FOH mixing via iPad is the best option rather than a fixed FOH position (when I’d prefer physical faders).

Would I then be able to transfer the monitor mixes created on a QU-SB to a QU-24?

Any other feedback both positive or negative for this product would be most useful in helping me make the decision regarding which product to go for.

Thanks

Pete

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’ve not used a QU-SB yet, but use my Qu-Pac a lot, and it’s a long time since I touched any of the controls on the front – so pretty well the same thing.

I user the custom layers a lot, and may spent quite a bit of time deciding what to put on them & where, mainly to ensure that if I want to turn up/down/on/off 2 or more things at a time, they’re on the same page.

I really got the QU-Pac to do conference work and tiny little gigs, but now use it for full band work almost as much as my QU-16. OK, given the space, I’d always prefer to have a 16/24/32

and the iPad

at FOH, but I’m no longer really bothered if I can’t.

And yes, within the limits of different numbers of ins/outs & groups/matrix, you can transfer files from one desk to another.

Profile photo of PeteN
    PeteN
    Participant

Thanks Mark

All very useful information and reassuring that you are confident with just the iPad control if needed.

Pete

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’ve gigged with the QU16 on stage, and me roaming with an iPad or two and wireless IEMs as PAFL…

I do prefer faders, but it is possible.

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

I have a Qu-16, but convinced my band mate that this would serve him well. I may be posting in the future on his behalf.

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

I’ve been doing the majority of my smaller shows with a Qu-SB and an AB168.
    The dSNAKE gets most of the action (on stage) and the Qu-SB handles a few more local inputs like the wireless rack, mp3 player for breaks, etc…
    Killer combination IMHO, and saves space in my SUV and on stage.
    Most of the time I am riding a few faders during the show (vocals, guitars) so they live on one Custom Mix layer.
    Did a show last night where the band is all on IEM’s, so 3 of the 4 guys used the Qu-You app on their phones to do their own monitor mixes. They loved it, as did I!
    My Qu-16 and GLD-80 are getting lonely….

Profile photo of Bassista
    Bassista
    Participant

Hi folks,
    just bought a QU-SB today!
    I’ve started working on it, seems pretty. Had some problem with q-drive, but tomorrow I will check it better!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Send the gld80 my way, I’m sure I could give it some exercise 😉

Profile photo of GaryW
    GaryW
    Participant

Very much enjoying the compact size of the Qu-SB mixer plus iPad combo!!

Profile photo of thebrotherdoug
    thebrotherdoug
    Participant
    Profile photo of PeteN
    PeteN
    Participant

Thanks for posting the link. Good to hear read world users.

Actually, I’ve just become the owner of a brand new QU-SB. Shallow rack case arriving next week and then it will be used in anger 🙂

Pete

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Excellent link Thank-you

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Just about to buy a QU-SB, how many rack spaces does it need?
    Thanks in advance!
    Rob

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

According to the tech specs its 4 rack units (174mm / 6.9″).

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Thanks Andreas:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.