Qu-SB in use

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-SB in use

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of hobsound hobsound 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

Qu-SB with Turbosound ip2000s; iPad mounted on mic stand. The Qu-SB has been stealing gigs from the Qu-16 lately!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Finally got the rack kit for the SB, did my first gig with it last night.
    AB168 by the drummer for the backline mics and monitors, local inputs on the SB at front of stage.
    One thing I am not liking is the SB in the SKB case is pretty front-heavy.
    May have to rethink the case…..

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I have the Qu-Pac (the SB was not available when I purchased) and it does steal a lot of gigs from the Qu-16. Especially in places where FOH space is limited. Personally I still prefer mixing on a console over an iPad though.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

“One thing I am not liking is the SB in the SKB case is pretty front-heavy.” Yes, the Qu-SB we use is in an MCM Electronics case ( https://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/555-19502 ). I found the Qu-SB a little “front tippy”. I think the foot print of the case is great, but the tippyness could prove to be an issue at some point. I suppose either gaffer tape down the back area of the case on a flat surface or add counter weight in the back of the case are potential solutions.

hobsound
    Participant

Yeah, I though of maybe sticking a sandbag in the back, but my next step is a 4-space shallow rack from EWI.
    I have a number of their racks and cases and they are great for the money.
    SKB case will go back to the basement for now.

Profile photo of GaryW
    GaryW
    Participant

I have a Furman power conditioner mounted in the rear of my SKB shallow roto rack, plus a 1U power strip with 6 x power sockets, as well as mounting my Airport Express and Ethernet to DMX bridge on the rear.
    It’s all a bit of a tight fit, but it works.
    The rack case is now nicely balanced and pretty much everything is pre-wired and ready to go.

hobsound
    Participant

So I decided to ditch the SKB rack and go with a traditional type of deal. 4-space, 10-inch depth with front and back rails.
    I put a CyberPower strip in the rear of the rack, has 12-outlets on the backside of the strip and 6 on the front.
    The Qu-SB is permanently wired in and I have a 6-outlet box that I will run to the front of the rack for closer power.
    I can tuck my router and a 25-foot Cat5 cable in the rack as well.
    I’m getting a lot of use out of this piece of gear, I hardly ever take my Qu-16 or GLD-80 out unless I have a place I can actually mix from besides the side of the stage.

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.