Qu-Pad Connection Failed – Connection Error

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Pad Connection Failed – Connection Error

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TechnikFrank
    TechnikFrank
    Participant

Hey guys
    I have a problem with connecting my ipad with the Qu-16
    I read and follow all instruction for connecting but it doesn’t work
    So maybe someone can help me

Qu-16 Firmware 1.90
    Qu-Pad version 1.91

No problem with the connection between the router and qu-16
    Also no problem with the router and my ipad
    In the app i find the qu-16 mixer only when in the mixer dhcp is disabled
    But it find the mixer
    But then when i want to choose the user it appears:
    Connection Failed
    Connection Error

The manual said when this appears it means that there are more than 8 devices in the same network
    But i’m really shure that is only my iPad

Does anyone have an idea what iam doing wrong?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Maybe an IP address issue. You say it only connects when the mixers DHCP is turned off, what is the static address enter into the mixer. How is the router configured, IP address, DHCP assignment range.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Sounds like a networking issue rather than a QuPad issue.

Full details of IP, netmask for iPad and QU. Ensure you’re not using the WAN port of the router

Profile photo of Paul99f
    Paul99f
    Participant

Similar problem here. Qu-Pad on iPad works fine, as does Mixing Station on Android 8.1, but Qu-You on Android 8.1 can never connect, just gives ‘Connection failed’. Doesn’t see the Qu-16 on the network and if you put in IP address it makes no difference.

Qu-16 1.93
    Qu-You 1.90 on Android 8.1
    Qu-Pad 1.92 on iOS 11.2.2
    Mixing Station 0.001.32 (44)

Profile photo of nik
    nik
    Participant

I had a similar problem this evening. I downloaded the qu-you app on my phone, connected the phone to the router, launched the app, and connected to the mixer. Everything worked fine. Adjusted levels from my phone and watched the faders on our Qu-32 move.
    Then, I got our worship leader’s phone to get him set up. Everything is fine until I launch the app and the Qu-32 does not appear on the list (only options are “demo” and “other”).
    So, I am holding two Android phones in my hands, both connected to the same router, both running the same version (v1.90) of Qu-You. One connects and runs fine, the other can’t find the Qu-32.
    There are no other devices connected, so it’s not an issue with too many devices connected.
    It’s probably a phone setting, but I have no idea what. Anyone have any ideas?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I’ve seen some Androids refusing to connect to a router that has no internet connection. There is abutton somewhere to overrule this preference. Hope this helps so good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Full details of IP, netmask for iPad and QU. Ensure you’re not using the WAN port of the router

Profile photo of Klasbas
    Klasbas
    Participant

Hi!

I got a connection problem between my iPad and my router.
    It connects for a few minutes and I can control the board through the wifi, but suddenly it dissconnect and the Qu-Pad app says Connection Failed and Connection Error.

What did I do wrong?
    Why does it drop out of the connection?

It’s kind of urgent, so I would really appreciate a fast answer.

Qu-16 Firmware 1.95
    Qu-Pad 1.93 on iOS 12.1.1

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

You might try setting the routers WiFi to a different channel. You can install apps on your iPad that allow you to see what channels are the least busy.

Profile photo of Klasbas
    Klasbas
    Participant

Now it works!

I think it was the firewall, but I’m not sure.
    Anyway it works.

Cheers

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Are you operating on 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

The only wifi scanner app I found was for Android.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.