QU-PAC Flight Case

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-PAC Flight Case

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of molligan molligan 8 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

Interested to hear from any QU-PAC users on their experience of rack mounting and their recommendations for suitable flight cases.

Additional questions/thoughts:

Does a 4U 200mm centre section case leave enough space for cooling?

Flight case cover depth for protruding front section?

Rear cable connections with the case in mind?

Any other comments?

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Take a look here:

Welcome QU-Pac.

Some discussion on cases from page 5, including the measurements you ask for.

Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

Thanks Mark – if I’ve got it right, the front of the Qu-Pac protrudes by 5cm past its 19″ rack brackets, so the case lid should be at least 5cm depth.

Still interested in any user comments/issues on Qu-Pac cooling inside the rack flight case? I took some extra care with air flow on my Qu-24 flight case.

Looks like A&H have used a shallow 4U ‘Cobra’ case in its promo photos?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Regarding heat I saw several QuPac running whole day on Musik Messe, inside case and standalone, obviously without any problem. Well, it wasn’t summer and the temperature inside the hall wasn’t that high (below “concert level”).
    Summer open air with sun shining on a cased QuPac will be a different situation, though.
    I’d personally be too paranoid to not mount some small fan inside the case to enforce some airflow, not after touching them on the booth…

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Welcome QU-Pac.

Check 15 posts down 🙂

Profile photo of Chickentown
    Chickentown
    Participant

The Qu-Pac fits in these SKB Roto Moldded Shallow Rack cases – there is enough clearance in the front cover to accommodate the angled face of the unit.

It was hard to tell from the measurements provided, but I ordered one anyway and it fits.

Profile photo of PointMan
    PointMan
    Participant

@ Chickentown, do you have pictures of your SKB shallow rack with the Qu-Pac in it? Is it easy enough to connect the cables in the back? Thanks.

Profile photo of molligan
    molligan
    Participant

I use the SKB 6U shallow rack and it works pretty well.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jun
    Jun
    Participant

hi molligan, if you can poossibly show a picture also te back view of the rack so to see how convenient are to insert the cables?
    thanks.

molligan
    Participant

Sure thing. I will try and post this upcoming week. FYI there is plenty of room for cables in the back for my purposes. I have an 8-port PoE router with an Neutrik ethercon faceplate, apple airport express, and the Furman power conditioner with room to spare to pack cables in. You aren’t going to be storing huge cable reels or anything, but it closes in the back with no problem.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I use one of these and it has been fantastic. I got mine on sale for $48….cant beat it!

https://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/555-19502

molligan
    Participant

Here you go. These are pictures of the back.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.