Qu Firmware V1.93

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Firmware V1.93

This topic contains 41 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

While I agree that they don’t HAVE to fulfill feature requests as the product is sufficiently mature and very capable.

AND it’s kinda smart not to refresh an old product so A&H (and others) can force people to buy newer hardware.

I think A&H should DEFINITELY do a major release for the QU series that enables many of the most sought after features. That is for the good of the community and it solidifies that A&H isn’t going to forget its users (iLive anyone?).

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I think A&H should DEFINITELY do a major release for the QU series that enables many of the most sought after features.

They did. It’s called the SQ.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

There are limitations, you can’t buy a x32 and make an software upgrade to a midas pro 2.

There comes a point that if you need more you have to pay more.

The qu series are at the end of processing.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

There are limitations, you can’t buy a x32 and make an software upgrade to a midas pro 2.

True.

There comes a point that if you need more you have to pay more.

True.

The qu series are at the end of processing.

Not necessarily. There are some good tweaks and variations on existing features which could be implemented without a lot of engineering time and with the processing available.

Never say never…

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

does anyone know/think they’ll release another firmware for the qu series?

i’d love proper sidechaining.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

@/zfigz
    Sadly I’m afraid it’s becoming the ugly stepchild. Or a better metaphor the problem when new products emerge much like older children feeling neglected when the new baby arrives.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Look at iLive and GLD. QU is next. Just the way it goes.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

It would be nice if they came out with firmware 2.00, adding a few of the requested features, just to tidy things up. New purchases would have firmware 2.00. For marketing, they could even call it QU-(16/24/32/SB/Pac)v2 Edition.

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Yes I’d love to see a version 2.0 with the remaining requests added. However, the QU-PAD is already quite a comprehensive app that has a very quick workflow. Some of the newer products have more features (particularly the new Soundcraft UI24R) and I feel Allen & Heath need to do a bit of catching up. However, I would expect they are putting all their focus into getting the SQ-MixPad fully functional as its missing a LOT of its features or into developing new products!?
    I would personally love one of the SQ mixers in a QU-PAC format. Maybe we’ll see an SQ-PAC in the future!?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I would personally love one of the SQ mixers in a QU-PAC format. Maybe we’ll see an SQ-PAC in the future!?

I would be interested in an “SQ-Pac” as well….when the Mix Pad app works as well as the QU-Pad app.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

What are you really gaining having an SQ PAC?
    QUPac likely does everything you need for that purpose.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What are you really gaining having an SQ PAC?
    QUPac likely does everything you need for that purpose.

The extra processing features, regardless I’m going to let the SQ
    series mature a bit, maybe by then there will be an SQ Pac version.
    For the time being my Qu Pac suits me fine with no problems.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.