Qu family no more updates?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu family no more updates?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 56 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Hello

It’s almost a year ago from the latest firmware update of QU family.
    That’s the “end” or we can hope in future for extra features etc?

Thanks!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

There has been no ‘end of support’ announcement from A&H.

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Bob althought there has been no “end of support” announcement, it’s a little bit disapointing the fact that almost a year now there is no further “development” of the mixer.

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Behringer have also not released any major updates for their X-Air series (apart from recent bug fixes) for over a year so not just A&H.
    As Bob says, there has been no official announcement from A&H regarding ‘end of development’ so I’m hoping they’ll at least finish adding any missing features on the iPad app like Spectrograph. Anything in addition to this would be a bonus but I’m not expecting a lot more as apparently the processing space is pretty full already! There are a few refinements that could be made to improve workflow etc but the QU series mixers are pretty comprehensive already.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Anyone else pining for the days when you bought a piece of hardware and that was it… 😉

The QU software upgrades we have had have been really good – and well received in the most part – although several of them have been driven by new hardware releases (such as the SB).

The constant upgrade treadmill isn’t sustainable from a business POV.

I’d love to see the spectrograph on the iPad, preferably laid under the eq…
    Even more so I’d love QuPad to be able to load/save scenes – and therefore act as an offline editor.

Other than that I can’t really think of many things I want to upgrade on the QU – a decent remote surface would be nice, but I can do without.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I have many things to improve… and most of them are not that difficult

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

HPF on mixes is only thing I would like. I’ve never understand why that’s so difficult. One of the most requested items.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Some minor refinements to address the things that have been commonly asked for would be nice.

I wonder if the manufacturures are pining for those days when they had to have a product 99.9% done and ready to compete when it hit the market. Rather than being able to tweak and implement features that werent ready on launch with firmware upgrades.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

GCumbee,

Can you tell me some instances when HPF on mixes would improve upon having HPF on individual channels? I just want to understand.

Barry

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Proper sub crossover capability

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@barryjam: Cutting low end from wedge monitors, for example. At least that would be my regular use case.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Pretty much what Andreas is saying. I might not want to HPF the kick and bass channels for FOH but do for wedges so as not to get overexcursion of the LF driver. We have started using DSP power amps to get around it but everyone doesn’t have them. It seems adding that is logical with each mix having a PEQ and the HP knob and button is right there.

Profile photo of nzsimon
    nzsimon
    Participant

Talking to the people that decide these things at Frankfurt Musicmesse QU is receiving a lot of manufacturer love shortly. Watch this space!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I hope you’re right. It needs a shot if it’s going to stay viable. Lots of brands are overdue for new products.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Thanks for the example, guys. That makes sense. I’ve just never needed loud kick or bass in the monitors in my bands. But I would now automatically use HPF in monitor mix (for extra protection) if that feature was added.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.