Qu-Drive shutdown procedure

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Drive shutdown procedure

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mal Mal 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mal
    Mal
    Participant

Hi all,

Is there a recommended procedure for shutting down or “ejecting” a USB drive connected to the Qu-Drive connector, other than a full shutdown of the console?

Most other USB devices I own have a function, usually called “USB shutdown” or just “eject”, that lets you stop all activity and prepare a USB device before disconnection. Unfortunately I haven’t found anything other than the full console shutdown procedure in the Allen & Heath Reference Manual.

I don’t want to have to shutdown the console just to swap drives, but I also want to make sure I’m not going to corrupt data by not doing that.

Cheers,

Mal.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mal,

When you have finished recording on the Qu drive, pressing stop will finish up the data writing process so that the files are stored correctly. As long as no data transfer is happening to or from the console it is safe to remove the device, so there is no need to shut down the console each time. A good way to check if it is safe to remove the device is if the Qu-Drive light is off then it is safe to remove, if it is on then the unit is reading the device.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Mal
    Mal
    Participant

Thanks Alex, that’s good to know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.