QU -DRIVE RECORDING-ERROR:Medium type not supported or invalid medium!??

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU -DRIVE RECORDING-ERROR:Medium type not supported or invalid medium!??

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Hi,

I did a QU-Drive multitrack recording yesterday of a band using a QU16 at a venue. The hard drive is my regular one that I use with my own QU16 and QU-PAC and have done over 50 multitrack recordings with it and had zero issues with it. However, when I tried to load up the recording in Cubase today I had the following message :- Error: Medium type not supported or invalid medium! I tried loading various previous tracks from the hard drive and they are all qorking fine and it appears to just be the recording I did yesterday that won’t load!? All three desks are using the latest firmware.

Any ideas why I’m getting this message and can’t load yesterdays recording?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Does playback of yesterdays recording on the desk itself work ? In other words, did you accidentally forget to shut down the desk the proper way ?

Giga

dickiefunk
    Participant

I’ll check tomorrow! I could well of not turned it off correctly. I could also have forgotten to press stop before I turned the desk off 🙁

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Then you might just need to recover the files . Don’t do anything drastic like move things around on the disk etc.

dickiefunk
    Participant

How do I recover the files?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Huge thanks Bob! This has worked perfectly and has saved the audio for a wedding video!!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

‘s Ok – it’s what the KB is for 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.