Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

I just used the same Sandisk Extreme 3.0 64GB drives (two) and freshly reformatted them before use and I got multiple errors.

Perhaps as A&H suggests, different components depending on where and when it was manufactured, but I’m not taking chances; if it fails once every 15 times it is too many.

I just ordered two Sandisk Extreme 3.0 32GB to try, impart because A&H has tested them themselves.

BTW, A&H suggests: “Do not edit the name or contents of files on the USB device. To avoid errors, we recommend you reformat the device on the Qu mixer before your next session if you copy or delete files using a computer.”

I wish A&H would lock the Qu-Drive Compatibility Chart (Responses) to view only, as anyone can modify prior results.

Sent from my iHand

Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

I am pretty disappointed in the QU-drive feature on my QU-SB. Its been a nightmare trying to find any USB storage device that works reliably. And the other day I powered off the device without stopping the recording and now am spending hours trying to figure out to recover the data. I see that there is a topic here about how to recover the data, and it involves using a Windows computer. Is there a process to do this on a MAC? Thanks.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

It could be getting confused by the existing software they install on them as had similar problem and once fortated on a pc it would then recognise it ok

Profile photo of MartenNL
    MartenNL
    Participant

The Sandisk Cruzer Extreme 128GB USB thumbdrive (SDCZ80-128G-G46) is working perfectly on my QU-16 for multitrack recording. For all you NL/BE QU-users out there, I bought this exact model: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/sandisk-cruzer-extreme-usb-stick-128-gb/9200000061274789/

Profile photo of ghess1000
    ghess1000
    Participant

I’m finding the flash drive compatibility a little ridiculous. I only want to update the firmware, but neither a SanDisk Ultra or a Samsung are recognized. If you make a device that is so particular about something as common as a thumb drive, it’s up to you to provide the comprehensive list rather than expect users to do it for you while purchasing useless drives. We already paid thousands for the mixer. Better yet fix the firmware so it recognizes all standard drives.

Dancing Brook
    Participant

Be sure you formatted the thumb drive with the QU first.

Dancing Brook
    Participant

Turning off the power while a process is active corrupts files on most all computers.

Profile photo of TritonX
    TritonX
    Participant

Answer from Intel

“It is much appreciated that you reported this matter with us.

At this point, we are aware of this and the current status would be No plan to fix it.

Sorry for any inconveniece this may cause.

Please double check this link https://intel.ly/2uOHDon to find the Errata where this is mentioned (Page 15 Bullet #1).”

So expect no progress from Intel side and A&H also is not in a hurry to fix this since, “there is nothing wrong with my QU”

I’ll make sure to boycott Intel… if it’S possible… sigh

Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander
    Participant

I bought a “Sandisk Extreme Go USB 3.1” flash drive (64GB) (USB-ID is 0781:558b) without realizing that it is not the same as a “Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0”. Turns out that if I format it on my linux computer the exact same way as my other thumb drive (which was formatted by the Qu-Pac), I can play all recordings I copy on it but the Qu-Pac cannot write anything on the drive.
    When I try to arm for recording it just says “arming” forever (>2min) and when I try to store a scene it takes longer than usual, then it claims to have written a scene but the name is wrong and it doesn’t appear when I read the drive with my laptop.

Alexander
    Participant

After the Sandisk fiasko I bought a “Patriot Supersonic Rage 64GB” usb thumb drive. This doesn’t work either:

After pluggin the drive into the usb port the yellow led turns on for few seconds, then turns off. No further reaction of the mixer to the drive.

I used my Linux laptop to format the drive exactly like my functioning drive, makes no difference at all.

This is ridiculous, why is the mixer incompatible to so many drives which are more than capable of writing ~2.6 MB/sec (data rate of multitrack recording)?

Profile photo of mateczek
    mateczek
    Participant

It’s a tragedy The chance to buy a working disk is zero. There is conflicting information on the list. The device just does not read the usb disks (format progres 0% and stand) !!!

Profile photo of mateczek
    mateczek
    Participant

Usb memory that are on the list are no longer produced !! A & H will do something in this topic ??

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

“The chance to buy a working disk is zero”? Last January I bought three SanDisk 32Gb Extreme sticks, all 3 work 100% on my Qu-Pac.

Alexander
    Participant

It’s a tragedy The chance to buy a working disk is zero. There is conflicting information on the list.

From own experience I would say don’t buy any device for which the information is conflicting and only buy devices “tested by A&H”. Also make sure you buy exactly the model listed, not some successor with similar name.
    I have a SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB which works fine and a SanDisk Extreme GO USB 3.1 which doesn’t work at all.

The device just does not read the usb disks (format progres 0% and stand)

Which device is it exactly?

Profile photo of ghess1000
    ghess1000
    Participant

Is A&H just going to duck this issue? It’s a complete joke that it doesn’t recognize so many standard USB devices.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.