Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

I’ve had great luck w/ these SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 32 GB SDCZ80-032G, available at SAnDisk for $16.99 (bulk packaging; no minimum but order 3 or more to avoid shipping): https://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/pd/productID.5143657400/parentCategoryID.11442900/CategoryID.59353900

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

Here are the ones A&H have tested and confirmed (but that doesn’t guarantee the specific one you buy will work).

Western Digital My Passport Ultra Metal Edition 2TB USB 3.0 HDD drive
    Kingston HyperX (DTHX30) Data Traveler 64GB USB 3.0 USB flash ‘key’, ‘stick’, or ‘thumb drive’
    Samsung M3 Portable 500GB USB 3.0 Hf
    SanDisk Extreme 16GB USB 3.0 USB flash ‘key’, ‘stick’, or ‘thumb drive’
    SanDisk Extreme 32GB USB 3.0 USB flash ‘key’, ‘stick’, or ‘thumb drive’
    Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable 500GB USB 3.0 HDD drive
    Seagate Backup Plus 500GB USB 3.0 HDD drive
    Transcend JetFlash 710S 32GB USB 3.0 USB flash ‘key’, ‘stick’, or ‘thumb drive’
    Transcend JetFlash 810 32GB USB 3.0 USB flash ‘key’, ‘stick’, or ‘thumb drive’
    Verbatim Store ‘n Go 320GB USB 2.0 HDD drive
    Western Digital Elements 500GB USB 3.0 HDD drive

Profile photo of mark68
    mark68
    Participant

My problem is to choose a right pen drive,

I have a digital mixer Qu24 and I tested this Lexar pen drive: Lexar S75 32GB USB 3.0 JumpDrive – LJDS75-32GABEU – Orange
    Results are: 2 track stereo recording(OK), multi track recording with an eletronic drum 7 channel (few errors), multi track recording electronic drum + 2 keyboard tracks; (many errors) recording seems skipping in several parts.

So I saw these pen drives that I could buy:

Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDCZ80-032G-X46
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00DZPUOU8/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2G9FZC321DD15&colid=1R0GMHSR3DJJB&psc=1

Sandisk Extreme 64GB SDCZ80-064G-G46
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00DZPUOUI/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3OFQNJT79QCB9&colid=1R0GMHSR3DJJB&psc=0

SanDisk Cruzer Extreme PRO 128GB SDCZ88-128G-A46
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00HR7FWUC/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1P8QIUZ0ODGOZ&colid=1R0GMHSR3DJJB&psc=0

Lexar Lexar P20 64Go USB 3.0 JumpDrive – LJDP20-64GCRBEU
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00T61J58M/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IP0N9J6AYNW9K&colid=1R0GMHSR3DJJB&psc=1

I dont know if Lexar P20 works but it seems a very fast pen drives but ….

Please, Any suggest and what is could better to choose?

Thank you

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

Here’s a slight update…I specifically ordered a SanDisk Extreme 3.0 USB flashdrive from Amazon around Christmas only to have a v3.1 delivered. I believe this marks the end of v3.0 as we know it. On a positive note, I returned it and went to Best Buy and bought a SanDisk Extreme 250GB External 3.0 USB SSD, formatted it for Qu Drive and recorded 55 minutes of multitrack with zero errors…this is good news.

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

That really is good news.
    And they are reasonable prices too…so are we talking this one here?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WGPCW5L/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I4MT8894SGN34&colid=QH07M0U2J1I9&psc=1

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

That looks like the one I have. I think it yields about 7+ hours recording time for 18 tracks.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Hello everyone, I introduce myself gianni 58, I bought December 2017 mixer qu16, now I would like to try making recordings help me to understand what kind of usb it takes? Those normal 3.0 skips the song, then there is no way to directly connect the mixer to the Windows 8 pc record directly on the PC? Thank you.

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI P8max utilizzando Tapatalk

Profile photo of mark68
    mark68
    Participant

Hi Gianni 58, Because high capacity usb pens cost a lot and there are so many problem of compatibility with them, I ordered the SanDisk Extreme 250GB External 3.0 USB Solid State Drive, I bought it in amazon.it I will let you know how it will work,
    I think that is more cheap than other usb pens and more realiable but I am going to test it, but some other in the forum has tested it and works fine.
    I also recordered in multitrack mode on a new windows Pc (Asus I7 8GB RAM) with the software Cubase elements 9, recording ok but I had problem in the multitrack playback mode to the QU24 with audio noisees (maybe is due to Windows and windows drivers or Hardware Pc) I noticed high latency about 100ms, so I Switch to an old Macbook pro mid 2010( I5 , 4GB ram) now it works all better… is more stable I think… and Latency is about 7 msec… it seems strange but an old mac book pro works better… I don’t know why.

Bye Marco B

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Thanks marco 68 but are you Italian?

Profile photo of mark68
    mark68
    Participant

Your welcome,
    Yes Justin I am Italian and I live near the lake of Como, this Friday I will try the SSD and record on it about 12-13 tracks with my band I will let you know how it works 🙂

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Thanks … Marco68

Profile photo of mark68
    mark68
    Participant

Hi to all,
    Hi justin

Last friday I tested the SanDisk SSD Extreme 500 Portatile 250 GB with some multitrak recordings.
    After format it on the QU 24, I recorded on it in MTK mode some sessions, as First impression is very good, I had 0 errors and playback/recording without audio skipping

https://www.amazon.it/SanDisk-Extreme-Portatile-Velocit%C3%A0-Scrittura/dp/B06WGPCW5L/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518451337&sr=8-3&keywords=ssd+sandisk+extreme

Model number SDSSDEXT-250G-G25

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Thanks marco68

Profile photo of holdsg
    holdsg
    Participant

Hello, newbie here.
    Going to be doing multi-track recording with the Qu-16, so I’ve gone thru this entire thread and the list of tested devices.
    Ordered one of the “tested” WD hard drives.

I’m wondering something, if someone could help on how you do it, that would be great.

I keep reading that once you format the HDD, that you should only use it for Qu-drive data. I get that.
    But that does not stop you from using it to transfer files to your other devices, such as plugging it into a PC or MAC, in order to edit those files in a DAW or other program, correct?

Said differently, how do you best go about transferring recorded WAV files to other devices?

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Formatting the drive just wipes all data off it, configures it correctly and sets up the standard folder structure used by the mixer. Once this has been done, the drive can be used on the mixer or on your PC/Mac for transferring files to and from the desk, just make sure you leave the folder structure the same.

Jake.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.