Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Yep. Same firmware. I have found my QU-16 to be a robust and reliable tool. The QU-Pac for me has given me lots of issues. It’s a real bummer because I’m totally reliant on the QU-Pac now-with the 24×12 breakout box and every channel used.

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

Hmmm? Maybe consider restoring defaults and if that doesn’t work, reinstalling the latest firmware?

Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander
    Participant

The QU-Pac for me has given me lots of issues.

That’s interesting, my QU-Pac works fine with a SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0, 64GB.
    In this case I think your’s is somehow defective, if resetting / reinstalling the latest firmware doesn’t help then A&H should repair it.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. More info will help you sort it.

1. Try a new stick to see if you get the same problems.
    2. Format a stick in the 16 and try it in the “problem” console.
    3. As suggested, try a hard reset.
    4. Fresh firmware.

Good luck. You WILL find the solution.

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

And thus the farce continues.

Having purchased 5 USB sticks only 1 has ever worked…the Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 – which is now end of life. And this week I went and mislaid my ONE working USB stick….
    SO….A&H PLEASE….

What on earth do I buy as a 64GB – because you only tested one and it isnt available on Amazon.co.uk
    Which now leaves me basically high and dry – unable to buy USB sticks because of this *fault*.

I need 2 that work.

Anyone got any solid recommendations for 64GB sticks that actually work which I can buy on Amazon UK? Please?

BTW Ive seen this sort of error before – its generally in the USB driver – we had it on SoC when I was working on USB kernel for a chip manufacturer (Oxford Instruments). There were two problems, 1 was a clock error and the other was a race condition occuring in the driver. Both produce erratic results – this is probably why you are seeing drive compatibility issues – and why every single one of my linux machines works with all these drives.

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

Idea… I’ve asked SanDisk NL which 64Gb stick is A&H compatible. I do have 3 SanDisk 32Gb sticks that work just fine, maybe SanDisk knows which 64Gb sticks are built accordingly.

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

An USB-update from AnyKey Productions (happy Qu-Pac owner, great sound! ;-)) in Holland: my SanDisk-support question is now on the desk of an “L3 Support Engineer” of SanDisk® Global Customer Care. I’ll keep you all posted…

Last weekend doing my thing at a local gig I ran in to someone in possession of a Transcend 64Gb USB stick. Tested (formatted) it and guess what? It’s OK! Yesterday I ordered a new one at Bax: the TS64GJF700 D90870 0015/8D33193 just arrived and (also) works just fine! Now I’m the happy owner of a Qu-Pac, 3*32Gb SanDisk + a new 64Gb Transcend USB stick!

Anyone in need of “sound”? I’m in the center of Holland! -;) http://www.anykeyproductions.nl

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

Hey Barry (12/10): don’t now where you live (in Brexit perhaps…), but you could try to order at Bax Holland.
    This one works in my Qu-Pac: https://www.bax-shop.nl/usb-stick/transcend-jetflash-700-64gb-usb-3-0 They have a 60-day return policy…

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Cracking – Thx – Just looking at this now. Im in the UK – Ive bought from Bax before so no worries.
    Having tried the JetFlash 710S its good to know the 700 works – Ill order several!
    Thanks for the heads up!

(I assume when you say works just fine that includes multi-track recording for 2-3 hours!)

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

SanDisk latest reaction:
    We begrijpen uw frustratie en onze excuses hiervoor. Zoals eerder vermeldt, we hebben de USB’s niet getest met de mengpanelen en we kunnen daarom ook niet garanderen welke USB’s zullen werken en welke niet. Deze informatie komt normaal gesproken van de fabrikant en daarom kunnen we niets garanderen. Nogmaals, onze excuses hiervoor.
    Hartelijk dank voor uw begrip en nog een fijne dag!
    Met vriendelijke groet,
    Lena T.
    SanDisk® Global Customer Care

“Customer Care” still doesn’t understand the problem… If SanDisk knows the difference between working/failing USB sticks (according to their own specs), they could have pinpointed the problem and advise which one to buy (namely the ones with the same specs as the other ones that work just fine).

Barry: I’ll test the 64Gb Transcend for a few recording hours, I’ll let you know ASAP.

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

Barry, 3:29:01 elapsed, 3:17:08 remaining, 0 errors, see pic. I tested continuous recording of Ch1 + L/R only, 3 ch rec. This weekend I’ll try recording full band using approx 16 tracks. I’m confident…

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

Pic exceeded size, one more try!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of BethG
    BethG
    Participant

Hubby and I have the Q24. We are trying to format a Sandisk Cruzier Glide 128GB. I place the Drive in the board and hit the format button on the screen. The system does not “do” anything, simply blinks and reads that it’s formatting. Last night we left it running for over 12 hours and it was still at 0% when we got up in the morning after the show. Is there a step I am missing?

We bought this specific Drive because it was on the list a A & H tested and approved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Profile photo of luka
    luka
    Participant

I am Luka Mukhavele
    I am having a distortion in streaming audio to and from the Cubase LE5 DAW hooked with the QU16R. I have tried all buffers and anything else, but still I can’t get rid of the distortion. However, if it is only in the playback, sometimes I can get rid of it by changing the baffer sizes, in the QU’s control panel, or, in the extreme, by restarting the computer altogether. But still, this method does not always work.
    Any experience with that? Any idea of a solution?

Looking forward
    Luka

Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

New to the forum. I’ve read this entire thread. I hope AH fixes this.
    I did buy a transcend jetflash 700 USB 3.0 32gb. It formatted successfully. Will be trying it to do a mic profile update. Wish me luck
    jb

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.